Pine Tree Society has been helping Maine people discover lives of passion and purpose since 1936. We transform the lives of people with disabilities (and their families). To have a deep impact in the State of Maine, we must nurture relationships with supporters to champion our work, invite others, and invest in our impact.
We are filling the role of Donor Operations Manager on our impactful marketing and fundraising team. The Donor Operations Manager will lead our special events, secure entry level major gifts and build the Pine Tree Camp alumni group.
The Ideal Candidate is someone who:
Thrives on systems- They love to follow proven systems and have the know-how to create new systems to build efficiencies. This person is methodical without letting process slow them down.
- Impeccable attention to detail- This person has an “eagle eye” and innate drive to ensure all data is accurate ensuring every “T” is crossed and every “I” is dotted.
- Drives results forward- This person is tenacious with a contagious can-do attitude with the ability to keep multiple balls in the air. They approach challenges with creatively and positivity with focus on the goal. They move forward even when the situation is ambiguous.
- Makes connections- This person is a connector in every sense of the word. They connect and feel a sense of belonging with their immediate team while understanding the interdependencies of the roles. Moreover, this person is driven by making connections that come from analyzing data. They make conclusions from reviewing data and tweaks strategy based on learnings.
- Driven by development- This person loves fundraising. They have experience and understanding of development and a goal to grow deeper in the field. To that end, this person is a lifelong learner, who regularly seeks and implements honest feedback, and keeps engaging in opportunities to grow and improve. This person is often reflecting on how to do things even better.
Role Expectations and Responsibilities
At the hub of all Pine Tree Society fundraising, the Donor Operations Manager has a direct impact on Pine Tree Society’s ability to not only meet but exceed fundraising goals translating to transforming the lives of Maine people with disabilities.
This highly collaborative role directly partners with the Development team and works with key members of the finance team, donors, external vendors, and key stakeholders. This role is responsible for the strategic and accurate use of Pine Tree Society’s development database by overseeing data structure, analysis, business improvements, accuracy, maintenance, clean-up, administration, and reconciliation. This position will create and implement systems for: moves management, policies and operating procedures, dashboards and fundraising reports, and execute all direct mail campaigns. The Donor Operations Managers will oversee all gift entry. This role will process all acknowledgements including, memorial and honorarium notifications, and support stewardship activities to Pine Tree Society’s donors in a timely manner.
We are looking for someone who:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with experience documenting complex business processes.
- Highly motivated individual with the ability to take initiative and work as a team player.
- Strong knowledge of principles and best practices of major gift fundraising and donor stewardship.
- Ability to organize time effectively and remain flexible to effectively meet competing demands requiring time and attention.
- Demonstrated high standards of ethics and integrity.
- Bachelors’ degree required.
- Minimum of five years of experience in Development Operations.
- Experience with eTapestry, or other Blackbaud products, strongly preferred.
License: Valid driver’s license with a clear driving record, have a reliable vehicle with at least the state minimum automobile insurance coverage and the ability and willingness to travel to off-site locations.