What you’ll do:
You will work directly with both the technology systems and people at SERA to help create better community spaces by enabling greater production through technology. From our Portland office you will work with the rest of the IT team to support end user devices, networks, servers, applications, and users spanning our two offices in Oakland and Portland as well as WFH users and pop-up satellite locations.
Why is this role important?
Digital tools are critical to enabling our design staff to implement client’s needs for spaces that serve our communities in a sustainable manner. Your work will directly impact our ability to support the growth of sustainable development practices in all the communities we serve. We have been investing in a modern IT infrastructure and this position will facilitate that modernization through the implementation of new systems designed from the ground up to be secure, redundant, virtualized from workstation to application, and focused on application delivery and data centralization for decision making.
SERA is a firm of learners, eager to advance the resilient and equitable outcomes we want to see for our communities and the planet. Our 100% employee-owned firm promotes a collaborative environment where every staff member’s unique strengths and contributions are valued. Sustainability, urbanism, and community-building are intrinsic to the ways we think and work. We’re not afraid of the gnarly problems that come with this territory; in fact, some of our favorite workdays wrap up around the kegerator passionately hashing out the next, better idea.
Education + Experience
- 2-year Technical Degree, relevant IT certifications (ex. Network+, CCNA, etc.), or equivalent experience.
- Experience with Windows OS administration, troubleshooting remote access connections, and Office 365.
- Practical experience in troubleshooting a Windows networked environment supporting laptops/ desktops, video conferencing, and various wireless devices.
What you'll bring:
- Knowledge of end user Windows operating systems.
- Knowledge of current cybersecurity standards (CIS, CSA, NIST etc.).
- Knowledge of Office 365/Azure.
- Knowledge of Adobe Cloud suite, Bluebeam, Newforma, ArcGIS, CAD, and AutoDesk products preferred.
- Familiarity with mobile operating systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced interpersonal skills; ability to work in an open environment with frequent interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to work with and contribute in a team environment.
- Ability to comfortably lift and carry 50 pounds; walk with / carry equipment upstairs as needed.
COVID-19 considerations: Proof of COVID-19 Vaccine (required)
SERA Architects Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.