The Solutions Consultant is involved in the sales process in all aspects of our technology solutions and services as it relates to the short and long term goals and strategies of our customers. By leveraging the resources of Heartland Business System, vendor, distribution, and customer resources, the Solutions Consult will perform activities including prospecting, customer development, qualifying solutions, responding to RFPs, preparing and delivering of quotes, project management, customer service and performing administrative duties that provide superlative customer satisfaction.
Roles and Responsibilities/ Essential Functions:
- Meet or exceed projected sales goals.
- Quote prices, credit terms and other bid specifications.
- Analyze the client needs and interests and manage client satisfaction issues.
- Answer customers' questions about products, prices, availability, product uses, and credit terms.
- Negotiate prices and terms of sales and service agreements.
- Maintain customer records, using CRM and other available tools.
- Visit establishments to evaluate needs and to promote product or service sales.
- Prepare sales contracts for orders obtained and submit orders for processing.
- Verify that materials lists are accurate and that delivery schedules meet project deadlines.
- Consult with engineers regarding technical problems.
- Accurately forecast new business as it is being developed and closed.
- Identify prospective customers by using business directories, following leads from existing clients, participating in organizations and clubs, and attending trade shows and conferences.
- Collaborate with colleagues to exchange information such as selling strategies and marketing information.
- Demonstrate and explain the operation and use of technical products to clients through telephone and in-person calls and presentations.
- Promote company ability, reputation, products, systems, new techniques and other specialized technical knowledge throughout the particular industry.
- Attend sales meetings and read related publications in order to keep current on products applications, technical service, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising, and promotional trends.
- Initiate sales campaigns and follow marketing plan guidelines in order to meet sales and production expectations.
- Contact new and existing customers to discuss their needs, and to explain how these needs could be met by specific products and services.
- Study information about new products so that equipment and supplies can be accurately depicted and proper recommendations made.
- Compute customer's installation or production costs, and estimate savings from new services, products, or equipment.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Ambition - The drive to achieve personal advancement.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company policy.
- Decision Making - Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
- Goal Oriented - Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined result.
- Motivation - Ability to inspire oneself and others to reach a goal and perform to the best of their ability.
- Presentation Skills - Ability to effectively present information publicly.
- Relationship Building - Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
- 2 – 5 years of related sales experience
Required Skills, Education and/ or Certifications required:
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Preferred Skills, Education and/ or Certifications required:
- Bachelor’s Degree (four year college or university)
Equal Opportunity Employer - Disabled/Vets