Iowa Care Community is in search of a dependable Part Time Receptionist to work 20 hours per week, with a schedule of W 12:30-5:00; Thursday 8:00-5:00; Friday 8:00 – 5:00. This position is responsible for providing daily support to agency departments, clients, field staff and patients through actives that include but are not limited to: route incoming calls to appropriate voice mail or employee, scan and organize documents into appropriate electronic systems; provide data entry and spreadsheet maintenance, assistance with forms and supplies as requested, assist other office personnel in completion of job responsibilities per business need and other assigned clerical duties as needed.
About You: Are you dedicated to excellence, love building lasting relationships, love helping to make a difference in the lives of others and looking for an agency who shares your core values? If you seek a mission centered, purpose driven career with a desire to serve others while working within an interdisciplinary professional team, we would love to talk with you about our open positions.
About Us: Iowa Care Community provides foundational support for nonprofit home health care organizations (Iowa City Hospice and Visiting Nurse Association of Johnson County), taking care of human resources, billing, marketing, fundraising and more. By providing these administrative services, Iowa Care Community allows clinical staff to focus on outstanding compassionate care for patients and caregivers. Iowa City Hospice is a community-based nonprofit that has provided end-of-life care to patients wherever they call home since 1983. The Visiting Nurse Association of Johnson County (VNA) has brought care home to patients since 1949, helping them to live the best life possible.
Our secret? We genuinely believe in our mission and hire dedicated staff then compensate well and reward/recognize exceptional, professional care.
Our Team: understand the importance of meeting the needs of clients while helping them maintain a high quality of life.
Commitment to Growth and Opportunity: Part of our mission is to empower and equip our staff with the right tools and resources needed to provide extraordinary care with professionalism and integrity. You must be interested in advancing and developing your skills as a administrative assistant to advance to higher paying assignments.
Commitment to Diversity: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
APPLY TODAY: Call Karen Cox 319-325-0319.
We offer a competitive wage and full benefit package that includes:
*Benefits are available the first of the month following employment and are offered to part time employees that work a minimum schedule of 20 hours per week.
8 holidays (our nurses do work one major holiday on call)
3 different Wellmark medical plans (employer supplemented premiums)
Blue Dental Plan
Avesis Vision Plan
Employer Paid Long Term Disability
Employer Paid Life Insurance (additional family life is available)
Employer matching 403b Retirement Account,
3 Aflac plans (Short Term Disability, Cancer & Accident)
Medical/Child Care flex spending accounts.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Provide administrative
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND EQUIPMENT: The employee will perform the duties of the job at the agency in a variety of locations within the office. The ambient noise level in this environment is generally low to moderate. The job requires the use of common cleaning supplies such as bleach, Comet, etc. on a regular basis.
PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE DEMANDS: The duties include driving, hearing, grasping, reaching, standing, stooping, talking, repetitive motions, walking and climbing stairs, with or without the use of assistive/adaptive devices. Ability to lift 35 lbs 2 times in a row from floor to counter.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: To be performed satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodation. The following duties are normal for this position. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, it is not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned by the employer.
Essential Job Functions (including but not limited to):
- Serve as initial contact with patients/families, community and Care Partners.
- Build relationships with patients, caregivers, community and care partners through phone and direct contact.
- Maintain integrity of work environment including the ability to handle sensitive information confidentially while performing clerical and administrative functions.
- Participates in process improvement plans and other agency support initiatives.
- Ensure effective use of resources by working within agreed upon hours and having good attendance
- Demonstrates exceptional written and verbal communication standards to advance cooperative working relationships with agency staff, management and care partners.
- Coordinate communication between care team members, medical community, care partners and patients/caregivers through medical software, phone and direct communication.
- Update medical software to accurately reflect patient status.
- Ensure transfer of records to the appropriate setting.
- Oversee the day-to-day functions of the front office.
- Answers telephone and acts as office receptionist; routes visitors and calls, receives and gives non-technical information which does not require the interpretation of health problems or agency policies
- Types correspondence, forms, reports, and other materials from rough draft or detailed instruction as requested.
- Prepares and processes all materials for out-going mail by 10:30 a.m. daily. Maintains a file of certified/registered mailings.
- Sorts and distributes incoming mail.
- Sorts, files and copies materials as needed or requested.
- Supports all agency departments with daily activities that include but are not limited to:
- Faxing, coping, scanning and uploading documents
- Ensure staff have timely access to needed communications and records
- Provide assistance to care team and administrative staff.
VACCINE REQUIREMENTS: Pursuant to the Iowa Care Community COVID-19 mitigation protocols, individuals must be fully vaccinated upon commencing employment or provide pre-approved legally required medical, disability or sincerely-held religious belief exemption request.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, prefer some college with medical office
- 1-3 years of front office experience, a medical office setting preferred
- Access to car, driver’s license and adequate insurance as outlined in the personnel policies.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills,
- A working knowledge of basic office equipment (i.e. multi-line phone system, typewriter/computer, copier, etc.)
- Computer and Data base management of the proprietary electronic systems used in agency daily operations.
- All offers of employment are conditioned upon the result of a criminal background check conducted by the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation, as required by law, and a negative finding on the Office of Inspector General’s Excluded Provider List.