Tellers interact with most Bank customers and thus are responsible for reflecting the core values of the Bank to ensure that bank customers have a positive banking experience. The teller is also responsible for accurately processing transactions, identifying customer needs, suggesting Bank products and services or referring the customer to other Bank personnel.
- Provides professional, courteous and efficient service to all customers. Makes eye contact, learns and uses the customer’s name.
- Understands and resolves customer inquiries or refers customers to other Bank personnel for solutions.
- Maintains a strong knowledge of the Bank’s deposit products and services, gaining knowledge through experience, education and training.
- Makes product suggestions based on the customer’s needs and makes referrals to other Bank personnel as needed.
- Accepts and accurately processes all Bank transactions.
- Negotiates checks and places holds within established limits.
- Balances cash drawer at the end of shift and reports any discrepancies to the supervisor.
- Exhibits strong commitment to confidentiality.
- Complies with and remains current with federal and state banking regulations, as well as with all bank and branch policies and procedures.
- Performs other miscellaneous duties or special assignments as required or assigned.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively prioritizes work.
- Eagerly accepts new challenges. Understands that each day may be different and adapts to change accordingly.
- Attends all required meetings and training.
Position Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Able to interact harmoniously, professionally, cordially and effectively with others, focusing upon the attainment of bank goals and objectives through a commitment to teamwork.
- Good communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Detail oriented while working in a changing environment.
- Good time management skills; plans and prioritizes work, sets and accomplishes goals and assignments on time, while meeting all requirements.
- Ability to travel to all Bank locations.
- Working knowledge of Windows based applications; comfortable learning new software.
- Ability to read/see documents and computer screens, to communicate in person and via the telephone and to use a computer and other office equipment.
- Is dependable and conforms to punctuality and attendance standards.
- One year experience handling cash in a customer service position preferred.
- Flexibility with varying schedules.
- Physical surroundings are generally pleasant and comfortable with protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.
- Frequent lifting of one to ten pounds; occasional lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Extensive operation of computers and other office equipment requiring dexterity and coordination and frequent use of hands.
Those holding this position must be capable of performing all duties and responsibilities, either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation, as determined by management.
The Bank has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the bank reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Bank may deem appropriate.