PUYALLUP TRIBAL HEALTH AUTHORITY, located in Tacoma Washington is seeking a full-time Nurse Educator (RN).
“It is the mission of the Puyallup Tribal Health Authority to provide quality healthcare and promote wellness in a culturally appropriate manner.”
We offer an outstanding workplace, competitive market based salary, and benefits packages including:
- Monday – Friday schedule
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits – monthly premiums paid 100% for employees
- 18+ annual paid holidays
- Generous paid sick and vacation accruals
- 401(k) with annual profit sharing
- Life & AD&D insurance coverage
- PTHA is an approved loan repayment site for various programs
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent work/home life balance
GENERAL FUNCTION: Provides general health education and direct nursing care for patients and their families, and participates in community outreach events and alternative off site locations.
- WA State Registered Nurse license
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or related field
- Minimum three (3) years' nursing experience including demonstrable knowledge and experience in patient health education
- Experience with community outreach, prevention, education events or activities
- Acute care and/or primary care experience
And must also meet one (1) of the following specialty requirements:
- OB: Three (3) years’ experience in maternal/child health required.
- Pediatrics: Minimum two (2) years Pediatric inpatient or outpatient experience.
- Tobacco: Prior tobacco cessation, patient health education and direct patient care experience required. Must have certification in Tobacco Cessation or have ability to obtain certification within one year of hire. Must be tobacco free for at least nine months and must remain tobacco free for duration of employment.
- Care Navigator: Minimum one (1) year intensive case management experience in acute or ambulatory setting.
- Educator: Minimum two (2) years’ combined experience with diabetes education, tobacco cessation and cancer navigation required.
POSITION CLOSES: May 22, 2019