As the leading Intelligent Automation platform, BackBox is changing the way organizations manage and monitor their Security and Network infrastructure. Offering a single, centralized solution to manage all security and network devices, the BackBox solution automates all operational activities including orchestration, backup, recovery, asset management, security audits and capacity optimization for over 180 technology vendors ensuring an improved security posture by enhancing operational efficiencies, infrastructure reliability and visibility while reducing overall risk.
This is a hybrid role comprising elements of Field, Partner, and Event Marketing, with the potential to choose which function you want to focus on and build up as the company scales. It is a great opportunity for an events manager who wants to expand into other Marketing disciplines, or any marketing generalist with strong project management skills who is interested in supporting an international team with diverse programs and events.
You will be backed by a world-class marketing operations infrastructure that makes it easy to show the impact of your work on pipeline, an engaged and (relatively) compliant Sales team, writing and design resources, and a rock-solid product with 9 years of history and a global base of loyal customers and resellers
The Senior Manager of Field and Event Marketing will be responsible for marketing programs that support our sales channel and technology partners, as well as managing an events calendar that comprises both sponsorships and, eventually, BackBox-direct events. Some of these will specifically benefit one AE or sales territory and managing the expectations and participation of these remote resources is part of the job.
Early on you will be involved in developing the partner marketing and events program strategies and goals, as the latter has been on hold since the beginning of COVID and the former is just getting off the ground. It’s an opportunity to have a big impact on a growing company, with lots of low-hanging fruit available for early wins.
Strong cross-team collaboration, project management, event experience through the lens of marketing, and operational excellence are critical elements to success in this role.
What will you do?
· Develop a trade show calendar, strategies and tactics that are tailored to BackBox’s buyers and partners.
· Project manage joint campaigns with channel and technology partners
· Support entire event lifecycle from strategy, planning, feedback, and collaboration loop to execution of pre, onsite and post report out program management.
· Work with Marketing Operations Manager to execute email, social, and other campaigns promoting events or supporting partnerships, and get the results in front of the sales team in an actionable way.
· Manage expectations and articulate outcomes to stakeholders across the organization,
· Complete and report on execution of assigned budget.
· Maintain cadence of alignment calls and communications with key collaborators and decision-makers.
· Drive continuous improvement and propose fresh ideas to drive the most impact in our program initiatives and events.
· Operationalize programs and events to make them repeatable and scalable
What will you bring to BackBox?
· 2+ Years’ experience in in-person event management
· Smart planning and keen attention to detail for large event management with multiple work streams.
· Comfortable with project managing results, timeline management.
· A data-driven approach to justifying when and why it’s necessary to build the team responsible for all of the above.
· International travel is not required but a definite possibility.
If you thrive working in a small company, growth environment and you are passionate about helping customers and companies solve problems, we look forward to hearing from you! BackBox is an incredible place to share and grow your expertise! You’ll work with talented people who are passionate about building a company by which all other companies are measured. We are a company comprised of experienced individuals and proven leadership that is looking to take BackBox to the next level. If you have what it takes, please submit your résumé and cover letter to BackBox. Please note BackBox is currently not accepting third party resumes.
BackBox is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. BackBox is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.