Working with the networking team, the [CNSS] will support users of computing and telecommunication systems with prompt, courteous resolution. Will provide additional assistance concerning the use of computer hardware and software, including printing, installation, email, desktop applications and operating systems. Responsible for deployment and management of all workstations. Assist with management of IT assets and services. Candidates must be willing to learn additional skills/software to support legacy systems and new technologies. The objective of this position is to support operations and office staff through the deployment/maintenance of reliable information infrastructure that allow users too quickly and easily access network resources.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide help desk support by handling all phone calls and responding to requests as needed for hardware, software and systems. Deploy, redeploy and maintain all computers on the network, including printers, scanners, phones and any other peripherals.
• Assist with managing and maintaining cabling infrastructure throughout the campus – fiber – cat5e/6 – phone
• Assist the network team with server and infrastructure maintenance.
• Assist with supporting of existing applications / systems.
• Track and report on IT assets / services / usage.
• Troubleshooting miscellaneous problems as they arise.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Zero to three years of Information Technology experience.
• Experience with IT support in a corporate or manufacturing setting.
• Manufacturing / Industrial / Office environments.
• Will at times be exposed to a heavy industrial manufacturing environment.
• Will at times be exposed to wet or humid conditions.
• Will at times be exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
• Will at times be exposed to high noise environments.
• Will at times be exposed to extremely dusty environments.
Education / Training:
A two year technical degree with 1-2 years relevant work experience
(Experience in an industrial environment or manufacturing highly desirable.)
Bachelor's Degree in IT systems or related field preferred