Pay Range: $16.00 - $18.50/hr
Status: Seasonal Hourly (Non-exempt)
Arapahoe Basin is seeking a hardworking, passionate, and safety-conscious team player to join our Snowmaking crew. The Snowmaking team at A-Basin is dedicated to making A-Basin the first ski area to open in North America year after year.
As a Snowmaker I, you are responsible for the nightly operation of our snowmaking equipment to create the best snow possible for our guests.
Some of the specific duties for this position include general maintenance of snowmaking equipment, placement of snow guns, monitoring snow quality, and tending to hoses and fittings to ensure the most efficient snowmaking process at all times.
If you want to work in one of the most incredible settings on Earth and be one of the first people in the country to get snow under your skis or board, this is the job for you.
Snowmakers at A-Basin are eligible for a staging program based on experience and tested knowledge which relates to applicable pay. See below for the individual staging requirements and duties.
NOTE: October 1, 2022, the starting pay for Snowmaker I will be $21.00/hour.
Apply now and be part of THE LEGEND!
Benefits and Perks for this position include:
- Unlimited skiing/riding at Arapahoe Basin and 20 other Colorado ski areas and resorts
- Ski or ride while working!
- 4 10-hour shifts; 3 days off
- Free, transferrable A-Basin comp lift tickets earned for every 120 hours worked
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance for full-time employees beginning on the 1st of the month following date of hire
- 401(k) for eligible employees
- Paid time-off for all full-time employees
- Sick pay and bereavement pay for all employees
- End-of-season bonus for all employees
- Financial assistance and mental health resources through WorkLife Partnership
- Much more! Check out all of our perks and benefits here!
- Operate snow guns, hoses, hydrants, and other related snowmaking equipment in accordance with company policies and safety standards
- Use basic knowledge of snowmaking theories and best practices to be able to make the best snow possible for our guests
- Monitor snow quality while it’s being produced and make adjustments to equipment location or settings as needed
- Identify issues and assist in maintenance of snowmaking equipment
- Remove snow or ice from snowmaking equipment to allow for proper operation as needed
- Safely operate a snowmobile to access or move snowmaking equipment in various locations on the mountain
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Basic knowledge of and ability to use various hand tools
- Ability to operate a snowmobile in accordance with company guidelines
- Ability to withstand high-altitude conditions at all times
- Ability to ski or snowboard at an intermediate level or higher
- Ability to use full range of body motion: bend, twist, kneel, push, pull, and lift up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to stand, walk, and generally navigate snowy and mountainous terrain throughout a 10-hour shift
- Ability to visually and audibly inspect for irregularities in machinery
- Must be available to work nights, weekends, and holidays
- Must provide own ski/snowboard equipment
- This position will work mostly at night in a cold, snowy, and high-alpine environment. 100% of this job is done outside. Noise levels of machinery are high. Skiing or snowboarding and riding a snowmobile is required for this role. The level of strenuous activity for this role is considered to be high.
Snowmaking Staging Program
Snowmaker I: See above for essential responsibilities and requirements
Snowmaker II: Pay Range: $16.50 - $19.75/hr
Fulfill all stage I responsibilities and requirements in addition to the following:
- Use increased knowledge of snowmaking theories and best practices to be able to make the best snow possible for our guests
- Assist in the setup and teardown of the snowmaking system at the start and end of the season
- Have a basic understanding of the pumphouse and pipe network
- 1 season of previous snowmaking experience - preferred
Snowmaker III: Pay Range: $17.75 - $24.00/hr
Fulfill all stage I and II responsibilities and requirements in addition to the following:
- Use full knowledge of snowmaking theories to operate the entire snowmaking plant without supervision
- Coordinate the setup and teardown of the snowmaking system at the start and end of the season
- Have a full understanding of the entire snowmaking plant and the ability to operate all components without supervision
- 2 years of previous snowmaking experience - preferred