Starting Pay: $22.50/hr
Status: Seasonal Hourly (Non-exempt)
The Snowsports Programs Supervisor guides programs and daily operations to ensure a high-quality guest experience. This role, in conjunction with Snowsports management, delivers revenue contributions and provides a fulfilling experience for both guests and staff.
The SS Programs Supervisor will take responsibility for the range of programs offered throughout the season. This includes, but is not limited to, Kids Club Arapahoe, SOS Outreach, Blackpackers, and other large groups.
The Programs Supervisor will work with the Training Supervisor to adequately staff for the needs of daily operations and programs. This individual would also be responsible for the daily operations of the Snowsports school in the event that both the Training Supervisor and Snowsports Manager are not present. This would include lesson assignments, on-snow presence throughout the day, and being the primary point of contact for the Snowsports school for that day.
Join our team and help create life-altering experiences for our guests and employees.
Apply now and be part of THE LEGEND!
Benefits and Perks for this position include:
- Unlimited skiing/riding at Arapahoe Basin and 20 other Colorado ski areas and resorts
- Free, transferrable A-Basin comp lift tickets earned for every 120 hours worked
- PSIA/AASI exam reimbursement and pay increase upon successful completion
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance for full-time employees beginning on the 1st of the month following date of hire
- 401(k) for eligible employees
- Pay increases with PSIA/AASI certifications
- $25 lessons for dependent children when working - depending on availability
- Paid time-off for all full-time employees
- Sick pay and bereavement pay for all employees
- End-of-season bonus for all employees
- Financial assistance and mental health resources through WorkLife Partnership
- Much more! Check out all of our perks and benefits here!
- Schedule and supervise the full range of programs and specialty group offerings (Kids Club, SOS Outreach, Blackpackers, etc.)
- Schedule a staff of 60+ instructors to ensure the Snowsports school is set up to meet business volumes
- Oversee 25+ pros on a daily basis which includes: prepping the Kids Center, printing tickets, running line-up, distributing classes, etc.
- Enforce and support company and department policies and procedures
- Coach, support, and evaluate pros
- Act as the main point of contact for all specialty programs offered by the Snowsports school
- Work with Snowsports management to adequately staff for various programs
- Supervise Snowsports programs and daily operations; assign staff to daily duties and modify daily plan as necessary to meet daily departmental financial goals and guest needs
- Facilitate current Snowsports programs such as Kids Club and lessons; help develop future programs
- Communicate with guests, parents, and partners about programs, resources, logistics, etc. to ensure a positive experience
- Independently develop and drive business opportunities to enhance the guest experience
- Assist in department training; observe and evaluate instructors
- Record instructor discussions, which may include corrective actions
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Current with PSIA-AASI, Level 2 Certification and CS1 - preferred
- At least 3 years of previous Snowsports instruction
- Previous supervisory experience
- Organizational leadership experience - preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to effectively and efficiently use scheduling and inventory software (RTP)
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, guest-service, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to self-direct while performing multiple tasks
- Ability to withstand high-altitude conditions at all times
- Ability to use a full range of body motion: bend, twist, kneel, push, pull, and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand and walk for 8 hours on potentially snowy and icy surfaces
- Ability to be in ski gear and potentially skiing for up to 3 hours without a break
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Must be available on weekends and holidays
- This position will consistently be working outside in a high-altitude environment, which may include extreme cold and wet/humid conditions. Most work is performed in a highly trafficked and loud area in view of guests. Interaction with guests via in-person, phone, and email is continuous in this role. Occasionally working in an indoor environment.