Starting Pay: $20.00/hr
Status: Seasonal Hourly (Non-exempt)
The SS Kids Center Indoor Support position will work with the Snowsports management team to create and maintain a safe and clean facility and a positive guest experience in a high-energy environment.
If you are passionate about skiing or snowboarding - or new to the sport - and would like to share that passion with others in one of the most beautiful places on Earth, A-Basin is the place for you!
Apply now and be part of THE LEGEND!
Benefits and Perks for this position include:
- Unlimited skiing/riding at Arapahoe Basin and 20 other Colorado ski areas and resorts
- Free, transferrable A-Basin comp lift tickets earned for every 120 hours worked
- PSIA/AASI exam reimbursement and pay increase upon successful completion
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance for full-time employees beginning on the 1st of the month following date of hire
- 401(k) for eligible employees
- Pay increases with PSIA/AASI certifications
- $25 lessons for dependent children when working - depending on availability
- Paid time-off for all full-time employees
- Sick pay and bereavement pay for all employees
- End-of-season bonus for all employees
- Financial assistance and mental health resources through WorkLife Partnership
- Much more! Check out all of our perks and benefits here!
- Create a safe and fun atmosphere for our young guests
- Support instructors through break times so students can spend optimal time on the snow
- Assist instructors with indoor breaks and addressing guests’ needs
- Work with the Snowsports Admin to contact parents and guardians when appropriate
- Maintain a clean Kids Center facility
- Maintain the schedule set up by the Snowsports Management team
- Work well with peers, management team, Guest Services, and other ski area employees
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience as a camp counselor, teacher, nanny - preferred
- Previous experience in a customer-facing or guest-service role - preferred
- Previous experience working with children (e.x. babysitting) – preferred
- Basic computer skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong communication skills; oral and written comprehension
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to build rapport with children
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to be self-motivated and self-directed while performing multiple tasks
- Ability to withstand high-altitude conditions at all times
- Ability to lift up to 35 lbs.
- Ability to stand, walk, kneel, and climb throughout a shift
- Must be available weekends and holidays
- This position primarily works indoors in the Kids Center. Occasionally, this position will work outside in extreme hot/cold temperatures and wet or humid conditions. The work environment is constantly fast-paced and loud. Guest interaction is frequent.