This position provides a wide range of IT services from desktop & application support to basic administrative duties for servers, networking, and firewall equipment. This position is part of our managed services team and provides critical IT support for multiple Heartland customers. The ideal candidate will bring a good blend of technical and customer services skills to this fast-paced environment. This role can be 100% remote or work from one of 12 Heartland Offices if preferred.
Roles and Responsibilities/ Essential Functions:
- Respond to auto generated ticket alerts both critical and non-critical.
- Monitor and work tickets in ticket system for client submitted requests.
- Acknowledge and respond to tickets based on Managed Services SLA.
- Be part of a phone call queue for client call in requests.
- Review monthly client reports and provide resolutions solutions based on generated reports.
- Escalate tickets to internal departments and clients IT departments.
- Perform proactive maintenance duties such as switch/firewall/routers upgrades, server patches, workstation patches, firewall rules, etc.
- Remote application and hardware support for switches, routers, firewalls, servers, and storage.
- Monitor and analyze customer networks, systems, backups, and security appliances.
- Work with customer’s primary field engineer to perform work on an as needed basis.
- From time to time, project manage internal department initiatives.
- Contribute and enhance internal department process/system documentation.
- Follow policies and procedures on a department and per client basis.
- Conduct training of customers or colleagues in both formal and informal environments.
- Maintain documentation of customer technical information as it relates to procedures, servers, applications, infrastructure, and remote support instructions.
- Be part of an on call after hours/weekend on call rotation every 8-10 weeks(additional compensation).
- Perform other duties, as assigned
- Active Listening – Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
- Adaptability – Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Assertiveness – Ability to act in a self-confident manner to facilitate completion of a work assignment or to defend a position or idea.
- Conflict Resolution – Ability to deal with others in an antagonistic situation.
- Decision Making – Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
- Delegating Responsibility – Ability to allocate authority and/or task responsibility to appropriate people.
- Honesty / Integrity – Ability to be truthful and be credible in the workplace.
- Innovative – ability to look beyond the standard solutions
- Problem Solving – Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Relationship Building – Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Resource Management – Ability to obtain and appropriate the proper usage of equipment, facilities, materials, as well as personnel.
- Strategic Planning – ability to develop a vision for the future and create a culture in which the long-range goals can be achieved.
- Time Management – Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- 1-3 years’ experience troubleshooting Microsoft Windows endpoints in domain environments
- 1-3 years’ experience working in IT service desk role
- 1-3 years’ experience in MSP
- 1-3 years’ experience working in a customer facing IT consulting role
- 1-3 years’ experience in systems administration
- 1-3 years’ experience in network administration
Required Skills, Education and/ or Certifications:
- Associate degree in a technology-related field or a combination of education and relevant experience
- Customer service oriented skillset
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Windows Operating System
- Basic knowledge of network printing
- Basic knowledge of Antivirus software packages
- Basic knowledge of core server administration within Microsoft Windows Server
- Basic knowledge of Mac OS
- Basic knowledge of mobile operating systems: Apple iOS and Android
Preferred Skills, Education and/ or Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technology-related field
- Basic knowledge of Cisco, HP, and Palo Alto networking infrastructure
- Basic knowledge of ConnectWise Manage and ConnectWise Automate
- Basic knowledge of VMware vSphere
- Basic knowledge of LogicMonitor
- Basic knowledge of Veeam Backup
- One or more of the following certifications: A+, Network +, Server+, Microsoft Azure, Microsoft O365, Cisco Certification Technician (CCT)
Equal Opportunity Employer - Disabled/Vets