The Wellness Center Manager is responsible for managing, coordinating, and overseeing operations and activities at the center. A Wellness Center is a peer run community support opportunity where mental health consumers can gather for socialization, mutual support and recovery and wellness-oriented programming. The wellness center and its programs are targeted to providing a safe place for vulnerable consumers as well as providing opportunities for individuals to address service needs. Centers assist members in expanding their options for employment, resource acquisition, wellness activities and recreation. The Center Manager is responsible for managing, coordinating, and overseeing daily operations, program design and planning in accordance with Center Supported Housing Projects, and handling community relations and membership activities at the Center. The Center and its staff assist members in expanding their options for employment, systems navigation and advocacy, and wellness and recovery activities.
- Schedule: 40 hours per week
- Position is eligible for benefits & PTO
- High School Diploma with experience working in nonprofit service agency or a mental health program.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field is a plus.
- 2+ years supervisory
- Ability to work with individuals with mental illness in a caring and professional manner.
- Proficient in MS Office products.
- Bilingual skills a plus.
- Valid NJ Driver’s License with acceptable driving record.
- Lived Experience: CSPNJ prioritizes hiring people who use their own life experience dealing with mental health/substance use issues to inspire and support others.
- Must obtain 1st COVID-19 vaccination by start date, followed by the 2nd dosage and remaining booster within CDC’s interval guidelines.