Fairstead has an exciting opportunity at one of our properties, and we are looking for a strong Community Manager to join our team!
What’s in it for you?
- Generous employer contribution for Medical and Dental through United Healthcare
- Employer Paid Vision Plans
- Company Matched 401(k) Retirement Plan: 100% of the first 3%; 50% of the next 2%.
- 13+ paid Holidays
- 15 days of PTO
- 7 Sick days
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Nationwide Pet Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Laser Correction Discount
- Employee Discounts on appliances, apparel, and more!
- Ensure adherence to laws relating to leasing, including but not limited to Departments of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), Fair Housing, Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Fair Credit Reporting Act.
- Remains compliant and knowledgeable in all aspects of the HUD 4350.3 Handbook.
- Develops responses to regulatory agencies in coordination with the Compliance Department.
- Implements intervention strategies with Regional Managers and Compliance Department for tenants who are non-compliant with lease/compliance requirements.
- Prepares all site REAC reviews, EHS violations cleared, Management and Occupancy Reviews (MOR), Investor Site Reviews, Low-Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) Reviews, and perform annual and interim recertification reviews.
- Assisting tenants with requests, questions, problems, and complaints.
- Monitors tenant and complex wide arrears and litigation cases.
- Documents lease violations and coordinate evictions.
- Direct collection of monthly rents and late fees, process applications and pursue delinquencies through legal action and eviction. Monitor bad debt write-off.
- Alerting staff of move ins, move outs, any emergencies.
- Supervises, directs, and monitors the preventive, routine and emergency maintenance/repairs and is compliant with all regulations.
- Consistently works to clear HPD, ECB, DOB violations.
- Coordinates vendor bids and contractor quotes.
- Conducts and documents unit inspections.
- Conduct bi-annual walk throughs with Building Superintendent.
- Create reports for review to ensure all buildings under the PM’s responsibility are properly maintained and building needs are appropriately noted, planned for, and addressed.
- Provide and obtain updates on various ongoing construction projects/unit renovations.
- Work with construction team on avoiding violations, inspections, necessary access.
- Attend monthly financial catch-up meeting and monitor budgets.
- Three (3) years management experience including supervising a team (property management, hospitality, retail or restaurant management).
- COS or CPO certification.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- EIV experience.
- Yardi experience preferred.
- TCS certification for tax credit properties.
- Experience in Affordable Housing
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines.
Fairstead is a purpose-driven real estate firm dedicated to building sustainable communities across the country. Headquartered in New York, with offices in Colorado, Florida, Maryland, and South Carolina, Fairstead oversees a $7.8 billion portfolio in assets and identified pipeline, and owns and manages more than 170 communities across 28 states. Fairstead’s commitment to communities is realized through a comprehensive platform that leverages in-house expertise in acquisitions, development, design and construction, marketing, and property management. Fairstead also implements some of the industry’s most proactive sustainability, resiliency, and community impact programs to foster positive social, economic, and environmental change. In 2022, the company launched Fairstead Ventures, a proptech investment initiative dedicated to fundamentally changing the standards in the housing industry with a focus on energy and decarbonization.
Fairstead’s primary mission is to provide high quality housing to all regardless of income, and to make our stakeholders feel “Right at Home.” We accomplish this through an empathetic and innovative approach, and by utilizing our interdisciplinary platform as an investor, developer, owner, and operator. Fairstead provides hands-on expertise across all multifamily disciplines, including acquisitions, development, design, construction, energy, sustainability, property management and social services. With a long-term commitment to its residents, communities, and partners, the Fairstead team stands out by:
- Listening to and understanding the needs of its residents, communities, partners, and stakeholders alike
- Developing and preserving high quality affordable housing in an innovative and sustainable fashion
- Creating a positive social and environmental impact within the properties and communities it serves
Fairstead’s Core Values