The next 10 years serves as a moment in time unlike any other for the sport of soccer in the United States. With the sport thriving and U.S. Soccer’s Senior, Youth and Extended National Teams achieving success on and off the field, and the FIFA World Cup on U.S. soil in 2026, there has never been a better time to join the soccer movement!
Who We Are
We are U.S. Soccer, and we are the future of sport in the United States. Our mission is to make soccer the preeminent sport in the United States. We are soccer stewards, uniting people through the global game and our collective goal to inspire, elevate communities and change lives in pursuit of a better future for soccer and our nation. Our core principles are: We Aim High, We Win Together and We Champion DEIB; our staff embody the values of Integrity, Commitment, Teamwork and Respect; and we’re seeking candidates that share our beliefs. We embrace a healthy work life balance, diversity, technology and global connections to drive the growth of our sport and by supporting members, impacting athletes, and serving fans.
With full autonomy and ownership of our commercial rights coming to the Federation at the beginning of 2023, U.S. Soccer is seeking a Manager, Partnership Insights to be a key contributor within our growing, industry-leading team and help drive the growth of soccer in the United States.
We are looking for a bright, collaborative Manager, Partnership Insights to join our team to support a group of strategic marketers that 1) Drive new business in the form of new sponsors/partners of U.S. Soccer and 2) Create new platforms to help both existing and new partners connect directly with our fans. This person will help us uncover consumer insights and translate them to opportunities across the entire marketing organization so that U.S. Soccer is seen as one of the most innovative, meaningful and fan-focused sports properties in the industry. You will support the Strategic Partnerships team and Partnership Development group by building out key business intelligence capabilities and platforms while leveraging consumers insights to demonstrate the performance value to existing partners and position U.S. Soccer to prospect sponsors. This role will require a strategic mind that is able to development platforms for our sponsors and identify new streams of value using quantitative and qualitative data. This is a new function, where you will be required to define, build, and champion scalable and nimble market research solutions, tools, and processes, while fielding high-priority research requests in parallel. The ideal candidate will be comfortable with
ambiguity, have strong attention to detail, and be motivated by a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment.
This individual will be a key contributor to the commercial organization holistically and will be charged to:
- Support sponsorship sales and renewal processes through package valuations and, the creation of insights-based support materials demonstrating property performance, and the development of fan insights material utilizing syndicated research and/or custom studies
- Identify, source, and develop new partnerships on a national and global scale through research, benchmarking, and business intelligence across the market.
- Collaborate with Partnership Development, Partnership Marketing, Brand Marketing and Analytics & Insights teams to create compelling new business/renewal proposals and platforms using syndicated research and BI tools
- Interpret and develop new insights that will elevate our strategic partnerships narrative
- Assist in developing strategic plans for partnership inception and growth
- Brainstorm and develop new ideas and partner growth concepts relative to awareness, traffic driving, interactive and digital campaigns and hospitality
- Spearhead development and integration of research capabilities focused on understanding U.S. Soccer fans across Men’s, Women’s and Extended National Team; both through the management of syndicated tools and collaborating cross-departmentally on new, relevant custom studies (e.g. Sponsor Impact, Amplification, Fan Segmentation, etc.)
- Establish measurement methodologies to demonstrate partnership value to existing sponsors (include measurement reports showcasing value and metrics)
- Track, measure, and analyze U.S. Soccer sponsorship assets
- Create and deliver insights presentations to key commercial stakeholders
- Own relationship management of third-party data vendors and measurement agencies contributing to sponsorship measurement plan by managing day-to-day communication, planning for weekly meetings, and drafting briefs/support materials for project planning and high-quality, timely execution
- Serve as the strategic thought leader for insights across the commercial organization and partner with other departments to ensure transparency and insight-sharing
- Foster relationships in the market research industry to bring fresh ideas and thinking to development initiatives, and position U.S. Soccer as a thought leader
- Develop standard processes that operationalize research workstreams internally
- Manage workflow and timelines of projects and communicate efficiently with internal teams
- Support team and partner knowledge of sports marketing and current trends/innovations through purposeful thought-leadership, while analyzing related partnership approaches from competitors and external industries to drive innovation.
- All other duties as assigned by the team
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in a relevant field of expertise
- 4+ years of experience in marketing research, consumer research, consulting or related field
- Extensive experience in sponsorship measurement and sales solutions development
- Hands-on experience planning and executing consumer research projects across qualitative and quantitative methodologies. Significant experience in gathering insights via panels and customer interviews is a must.
- Comfortable and knowledgeable across different research applications (Brand Health Studies, Sponsorship Evaluations, Syndicated Research, etc.,) and how to leverage multiple tools to create cohesive insights
- Experience working with multi-disciplinary teams and external agencies finding relevant insights to inform and optimize partnerships and campaigns
- Proven track record of leveraging data and insights to identify and construct potential partnerships
- You embrace a day-to-day flex between strategic thinking and hands-on execution
- Deep understanding of the ever-evolving sports marketing and media landscape.
- Experience working collaboratively across multiple departments
- Demonstrated strategic hustle and work ethic with diversity of thought.
- The ideal candidate will be comfortable with ambiguity, have strong attention to detail, and be motivated by a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to handle multiple projects, tasks, and priorities.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Collaborative, team-player with a results-driven mindset.
- Strong problem-solving capabilities to address and resolve issues that face a growing company.
- Proven ability to set and deliver on clear, ambitious goals and to be accountable for results.
- ”Student of the Game” mentality and desire for continual growth.
- A background in, and passion for, soccer, sports and/or entertainment is highly preferred.
- Pro-active and curious with a bias for action to maximize partner value
- Multi-Lingual a plus
- Comprehensive compensation plan with generous benefits and time off offerings
- Vacation Time: Increases at your 5th and 10th year of employment. Starts at 2 weeks (10 days)
- Holidays: 16 paid holidays—including end of the year federation wide holiday break
- Sick Leave: Unlimited
- 401K: U.S. Soccer immediately contributes 3% of your salary whether or not you make your own contributions. If you choose to contribute, U.S. Soccer will match up to 6% of your salary at 100%. Immediately vested.
- Medical: PPO and HSA plans
- U.S. soccer covers 100% of employee and dependent premiums for Dental and Vision
Culture & Perks
- Relaxed business casual dress code
- Nike discounts
- U.S. Soccer Store website discounts
- Ticket access to Chicago Fire and Red Stars regular season games
- Social Activities year-round (ex. Footgolf, Volunteer opportunities, Holiday parties and more)
- Free annual subscription to Headspace app
- Flexible work schedule including working from home options
- U.S. Soccer has mandated the Covid-19 vaccine and is requiring all staff to be fully vaccinated at the start of employment