At GBBN, architecture goes beyond buildings, because positively affecting people is the most important thing we do. We believe in the intersection of Design, Market and Technical expertise. Our vision is to be a firm sought out by the best and most creative talent and clients who share our passion for the role design plays in their own competitive transformations. This journey we are on fuels us every day to design better, think better and collaborate better. National recognition isn’t something that’s bestowed—it’s earned - every project, every day.
The BIM Manager at GBBN will provide leadership over BIM technology including research, development, and implementation. This role is responsible for providing direction of BIM technologies by developing opportunities for process improvements, application, and data integration within Revit. The BIM Manger will serve as the key resource for BIM technology and will be responsible for the education and development of BIM technologies throughout the firm.
This role requires strong project management skills, the ability to manage multiple projects at once and a passion for learning, education, and mentorship. Success in this role means having the technical skills to evaluate, manage and implement new and updated BIM software and design technologies, a desire for continued research, and a high level of collaboration.
- Lead the effective implementation and use of programs such as Revit, BIM360, Dynamo, design visualization tools (e.g., Enscape, Rhino, Bluebeam), and others
- Lead initiatives for effective digital practice utilizing BIM (Revit) and associated design technology
- Administer BIM model management, BIM Execution Plans, and Level of Development Plans
- Manage Revit, including add-ins, deployments, implementation, standards, customizations, best practices, family creation, training, support, and metrics
- Create training content and resources for Revit and related applications
- Support internal team members through high service and effective communication
- Continuously research, learn and incorporate new software tools and technologies
- Advocate for design technology in projects, showcase how to maximize the benefits of technology to advance the work
- Lead implementation of project upgrades (internal and external) when upgrading software versions
- Proactively pursue new knowledge for program enhancements and translate into communication and training for implementation
- Ensure team responds to design technology help desk tickets in timely manner
Qualifications and Skills
- Expert Revit/BIM skills
- Expert computation/generative design skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead and direct teams
- Collaborative work-style, able to mentor and guide others in the development of BIM skills
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and work effectively on multiple tasks in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Demonstrate ability to identify and solve problems effectively.
- Dependability/reliability with follow through on commitments, producing timely work to required- or higher-standards, and pitching in to get the job done.
- Attentive to detail by monitoring adherence to standards and actively checking for accuracy of data received or generated before passing it on.
Experience and Educational Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Master’s in Architecture preferred
- Professional expertise demonstrated through 7+ years of progressive experience working with various project types.
- In depth knowledge of large project BIM setup with diverse team members and multiple team locations.
- Proficiency in Autodesk BIM 360 / Autodesk Construction Cloud
- Proficiency in Design and Computational Design applications including but not limited to Revit
(Dynamo ), Power BI, Rhino (Grasshopper ), Enscape, etc.