TITLE: Community Partnerships Associate
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Community Partnerships
STATUS: Non-Exempt, Hourly, Full-time
LOCATION: Chicago, Illinois
About All Chicago
All Chicago’s mission is to unite our community and resources to provide solutions that ensure and sustain the stability of home. On any given night, nearly 6,000 Chicagoans do not have a place to call home. These are our neighbors and together we can ensure that we all have stable homes.
All Chicago prevents and ends homelessness through emergency financial assistance, community partnerships, data analytics, and training and research. We strengthen our community’s collective efforts to prevent and end homelessness, guided by a vision of impact, influence, and inspiration. As our name implies, All Chicago brings together homeless service providers, non-profit partners, donors, and people with the lived experience of homelessness in a strategic effort to make homelessness history in Chicago.
We bring a sense of collaboration to our work and actively seek solutions through partnership. Come work with passionate, like-minded colleagues in a supportive environment as we help end homelessness. Learn more at www.allchicago.org.
The Community Partnerships Associate provides critical administrative support to All Chicago leadership and staff, including supporting the successful engagement of community partners throughout the Chicago Continuum of Care. The Associate will support the successful operations of the Continuum of Care Board of Directors and Committees, which is the group that oversees Chicago’s strategies for preventing and ending homelessness. The desired candidate will support the team through a wide array of administrative and programmatic tasks, including scheduling; calendar management; special projects support; assembling meeting documents and ensuring the successful implementation of virtual community meetings.
Administrative and Meeting Support (approximately 50% of the position)
- Provide calendar management for the Vice President of Community Partnerships and Vice President of Strategy and Innovation; prioritize inquiries and requests, troubleshoot conflicts with little guidance, make judgments and recommendations to ensure smooth day-to-day engagements; support meeting scheduling for other Executive Staff (as requested).
- Schedule meetings with partners, committees, working groups and community members.
- Assist with meeting preparations including arranging meeting space (predominantly virtual), dissemination of materials.
- Support meeting activities, such as monitoring virtual meeting chat, assisting with capturing minutes and follow-up items.
- Support planning, logistics coordination and activation of annual and special events such as the All CoC Membership meetings and community gatherings.
- Provide administrative support to other members of the Executive Team and the CoC Board and Committees.
- Draft and send written responses via email and manage phone inquiries.
- Maintain organizational files and documents in SharePoint for team meetings and projects.
- Assist with monthly credit card reconciliation duties, creating check-requests.
- Support the planning for and execution of staff activities such as all staff meetings and/or team-building events; coordinate internal communication between staff including internal email updates and meetings.
- Retrieve and organize information for reporting and distribution.
- Support the coordination and administrative activities of internal team meetings and external CoC meetings.
- Create online surveys, download and organize information.
Project and Community Support (approximately 40% of the position)
- Support the successful operations of the CoC Board of Directors and Committees through tracking attendance at meetings, disseminating materials, producing meeting minute templates, scheduling meetings, and responding to CoC Board requests as needed.
- Ensure follow-up items are completed between meetings.
- Track CoC Board Member terms, support the Committee and All Chicago’s recruitment efforts for new CoC Board members, CoC Board Member onboarding and other CoC Board Member support.
- Assist with selecting projects for funding, including tracking Committee Members to participate in review processes, reviewing project applications, supporting the notification of agencies regarding awards.
- Create online surveys and download survey information for priority projects.
- Assist with disseminating relevant announcements to the CoC and the community at-large regarding CoC program-related news.
Other Tasks (approximately 10% of the position)
- Actively participate in team meetings and various staff functions and activities.
- Perform special projects as assigned via the Executive Team.
- Other duties as assigned.
Successful candidates will demonstrate commitment to preventing and ending homelessness in Chicago and will have the following:
- A high school degree or equivalent and one to three years related experience in an office setting.
- Excellent skills with Microsoft Office products, especially with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Must be comfortable handling confidential information.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and manage changing priorities.
- Ability to respond effectively to inquiries, complaints, or concerns, as presented by staff, consumers, service providers, and other stakeholders.
- All Chicago's normal business hours are 9am to 5pm. We are currently working entirely remotely and will transition to a hybrid remote/in-office work setting in the future. We will consider accommodations.
- All Chicago values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. All Chicago is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ qualified individuals based on individual merit. All Chicago does not discriminate against any individual with respect to the terms and conditions of employment based on that individual’s race, sex, age, religion, color, national origin, disability, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, housing status, or any other non-merit factor protected under state, local or federal laws. Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all personnel actions such as recruiting, hiring, compensation, benefits, promotions, training, transfer, termination, and opportunities for training. All Chicago is committed to a fair and equitable workplace where everyone is a respected and valued member of the team.
Salary is in the $34,940 - $49,580 range, commensurate with experience. Comprehensive benefits package (with some employee contributions) includes medical, dental, vision insurance, and disability. Employer-matched retirement plan. Generous paid leave.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and salary range requirement.