A Cabling Lead Technician will be responsible for leading the installation and implementation of structured cabling solutions. They will be expected to maintain a standard of quality and provide a positive customer experience.
Roles and Responsibilities/ Essential Functions:
- Pulling and installing new Cat 5E/ Cat 6 cable.
- Climbing up and down ladders at varies heights.
- Installing cable pathways and raceways.
- Be able to use basic hand tools and power tools.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Install proper cable sleeves and chases.
- Take direction from Cabling Foreman.
- Terminate Cat 5E/ Cat 6 cable properly.
- Complete projects on time, as directed from Cabling Foreman.
- Terminating fiber optic cabling.
- Testing all structured cabling.
- Effective communication between the customer, sales, foreman, and manager.
- Assisting in all media service projects, i.e. CCTV, Door Access, A/V and Telepresence.
- Responsible for entire jobsite and cabling installers at that jobsite during installation.
- Minimum of 1,450 hours billed per fiscal year prorated based on start date. These charge hour requirements will be balanced against professional development and on the job training.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Active Listening - Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the questions of others.
- Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Assertiveness – Ability to act in a self-confident manner to facilitate completion of a work assignment or to defend a position or idea
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Conflict Resolution – Ability to deal with others in an antagonistic situation
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company policy.
- Decision Making - Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
- Delegating Responsibility – Ability to allocate authority and/or task responsibility to appropriate people.
- Honesty / Integrity – Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems
- Relationship Building – Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Resource Management – Ability to obtain and appropriate the proper usage of equipment, facilities, materials, as well as personnel.
- Strategic Planning – ability to develop a vision for the future and create a culture in which the long-range goals can be achieved
- Time Management – Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines
- Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations
- 5 to 10 years of Cabling Installation
Required Skills, Education and/ or Certifications required:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- BICSI Installer Level II (Copper and/or Fiber)
- Valid Driver’s License
Preferred Skills, Education and/ or Certifications required:
- Computer Skills: Microsoft office Suite (Basic knowledge of computers)