Want to use your technical expertise to serve an organization that helps local governments build thriving communities? The Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) is investing in technology to better support our staff of 65 employees and more than 22,000 members. As part of this initiative, we are recruiting for the new role of Applications Manager. This role will serve as the organization’s primary resource for the association management system (iMIS) and will regularly liaise with staff and third-party vendors, such as GFOA’s managed service provider, which provides our day-to-day technical support. GFOA’s IT team will also include an IT strategic leader.
The Applications Manager will interact with staff at all levels and must have the interpersonal skills required to effectively understand business needs and translate those to effective solutions leveraging GFOA’s applications. This position will report to the Chief Administrative Officer, and will serve as the main point of contact to all organization departments for discussions regarding the AMS, data extraction, integrations, and system set-up. Our Applications Manager?must have a team approach to their work and be an active member of our productive, efficient, and empowered team.
The Applications Manager will have flexibility with GFOA’s hybrid work environment. The salary range for this role is $90,000 - 112,000, based on experience level. GFOA also offers a generous benefits package, including retirement match program, health insurance, dental, and vision. Our organization is committed to fostering a culture of learning, collaboration, and trust. GFOA values the strength diversity of all kinds brings to the workplace. GFOA is an equal opportunity employer.
Established in 1906, GFOA is dedicated to advancing excellence in state and local government financial management to help build thriving communities. Our 22,000+ members across the United States and Canada rely upon GFOA to provide timely information, practical educational opportunities, high-quality publications, and current best practices.
- Works with staff to ensure the association management system (iMIS) supports the business needs of the organization; meets with individual departments to discuss needs and potential solutions ensuring that selected solutions meet best practices for technology standards and integrate with other GFOA systems (as necessary).
- Serves as subject matter expert for the AMS. Conducts training to ensure staff know how to use the AMS for reports, rosters, financial information, marketing, and other basic operations.
- Responsible for application support and configuration of core applications including but not limited to membership join/renew, event registration and accounting.
- Serves as troubleshooter for staff; triages technology support issues to vendor (Velosio) as needed.
- Responsible for query and report development by gathering end-user requirements and creating advanced queries and reports.
- Works with staff to develop ways to leverage data for segmenting and analysis.
- Utilizes data from the core applications for business insights and to inform business decisions.
- Facilitates and manages the integrations between third-party systems and the AMS (IMIS). Third-party systems include (but are not limited to) email marketing (Informz/Higher Logic), content management system (Prismic), online community (Higher Logic), awards management system (Laserfiche) and learning management system (Elevate).
- Identifies areas of needed business process improvement and works with appropriate staff to implement changes.
- Collaborates with internal staff and third-party vendors on the member/customer web experience including helping configure web pages within the AMS.
- Manages the relationship with AMS vendor (Velosio).
- Serves as liaison with managed service provider (MSP) to ensure helpdesk tickets are addressed and critical issues are escalated appropriately. Will also provide assistance on Microsoft 365 implementation projects.
- Serves on GFOA’s IT Advisory team to provide guidance and governance on the applications GFOA staff use.
- Provides support and guidance for other core GFOA applications such as the awards management system (Laserfiche) and the phone system (8x8).
- Stays apprised of current knowledge, information, trends, and best practices with current and future technologies.
- Highly capable of analysis and problem solving.
- Create and customize reports for internal stakeholders.
- Proficiency with reporting software (e.g., SSRS, Power BI), SQL, Microsoft 365 as well as other software and technology tools.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills with ability to communicate and interact effectively with a variety of persons and institutions.
- Ability to work independently and set and manage priorities.
- Possess a positive, enthusiastic attitude and a strong desire to innovate and learn new technologies and techniques.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills, attention to detail, be dependable and hold customer discussions in a professional manner.
- Desire and ability to operate as a team player both on core team and across the organization.
- Organized, detail oriented, ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to changes.
- Problem solving and analytical skills that can be used to take initiative, provide superior customer service, and meet objectives of the department and the organization.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management or Association Management System required.
- Bachelors in Information Technology or a related area of study preferred.
- Two-plus years’ experience with various reporting and querying tools. Creation and customization experience required.
- Two-plus years’ experience writing advanced queries and reports using SQL or Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services required.
- Previous experience with formal requirements gathering preferred.