Originates and develops analysis methods for determining reliability of components, equipment, and processes. Acquires and analyzes data. Investigates to determine the reliability required for the particular situation and prepares diagrams, charts, drawings, calculations, and reports for defining reliability problems. Recommends improvements with consideration for cost limitations for equipment up/down time, repair/replacement costs, weight, size, and availability of materials/equipment. Determines the cost advantages of alternatives for developing action plans to comply with internal/external customer demands for reliable processes/equipment.
- Develop and implement reliability improvement strategies, practices, and projects that support operational goals and objectives.
- Provide technical expertise, support, guidance, direction, and leadership for improving the reliability, availability and performance of fixed equipment
- Utilize leading edge Reliability-Centered Maintenance technologies in the monitoring, evaluation, maintenance, repair, selection, and upgrading of fixed equipment to maximize unit availability and performance.
- Improve equipment reliability, and control maintenance expenses through Preventive and Predictive Maintenance programs
- Develop and track reliability metrics to identify improvement opportunities, evaluate trends, and ensure that business objectives are met
- Utilize root cause analysis as well as Preventive and Predictive Maintenance to reduce major equipment failure, reduce repetitive repairs and prevent future failures
- Ensure that equipment inspection and preventive maintenance is being performed and documented
- Establish training requirements for technical skills related to inspection, prevention, and condition based monitoring
- Assist in establishing Maintenance Standards for equipment repair, installation, and calibration.
- Create a culture of continuous process improvement and employee learning/development
- Demonstrate problem solving and decision making qualities that create alignment within the department and the organization
- 6+ years relevant industrial experience in an asset intensive manufacturing environment, working with heavy industrial equipment.
- Knowledge of reliability centered maintenance, predictive maintenance techniques, and maintenance management systems in a lean manufacturing environment is a plus.
- Experience in statistical methods of Reliability analysis (Barringer, Weibull) is strongly preferred
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong computer and organizational skills.
- Project Management and Execution Experience
- Candidates must be willing to work off-shifts and weekends if required. Candidates must also be willing to travel when needed.
4 Year Degree; Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics (Electrical Engineering Preferred)
Electrical Systems Experience