Choisys is a proud Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and a SBA certified 8(a) Business Development Program participant. We deliver Higher Value through customer-centric solutions that drive innovation and adapt to evolving mission requirements – with well documented success on numerous programs within the Civilian, Defense, and Intelligence communities. We are experts in IT Service Delivery processes and industry best practices, continuously integrating the framework of our ISO 9001, 20000, and 27001 certifications to achieve service excellence. Choisys combines empirical methodologies and lessons learned with leading-edge solutions to solve complex problems, provide ongoing support, and deliver quantifiable benefits. Our mission focus areas include, but are not limited to, PMO Support, Health IT, Education + Learning, Infrastructure Management, and Cyber Security.
We are seeking a Network Engineer to join our team in Washington, DC.
- Tracking the deployment of LAN devices (to include serial numbers at the component level) consistent with defined asset management practices;
- Monitoring LAN devices to identify failures and performing necessary corrective actions to restore service;
- Coordinating with vendor and third-party maintenance providers to troubleshoot LAN devices, replace faulty device components, and provide onsite support, where appropriate;
- Documenting and maintaining standard configurations for all LAN devices and ensuring that all fielded device configurations remain consistent with the standard configurations;
- Coordinating configuration changes via the defined CCB process;
- Monitoring LAN device firmware patches and upgrading releases, assessing the impacts of implementation, and, where appropriate, applying these releases in accordance with the defined CM process;
- Monitoring and tracking the performance of LAN devices on a regular basis and document relevant trends. Where appropriate, recommending LAN device configuration (both hardware and software) changes to respond to performance trends;
- Ensuring that LAN device security settings arc configured in accordance with enterprise security guidance. This includes, but is not limited to, access control, port, and protocol settings; Monitoring LAN device security logs, identifying and ascertaining the nature of potential security violations, and responding to security violations in accordance with defined security response procedures.
- Ensuring the operation of the IP switched/routed LAN. This support includes, but is not limited to, IP address assignment and management, path selection, protocol configuration, route table maintenance, and alternate path mechanisms; and
- Providing cable plant maintenance services, to include installation of new cabling and troubleshooting of existing cable infrastructure.
- Bachelors degree in engineering or other related field that has adequately prepare the individual for the duties and responsibilities under this requirement
- 5 years’ experience as a network engineer
- Public Trust Clearance
Choisys Technology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. The candidate must have the ability to sit for long periods of time, ability to discern colors, ability to read and monitor a computer screen for an extended period, 100% requirement to work on site.