We build veterinary medicine around great people.
Partner Veterinary Emergency and Specialty Center (PVESC) is a women-founded, led, and owned business committed to reimagining a profession from the inside out. Our leadership team has a reputation for building and retaining happy and healthy teams and founded Partner Veterinary to give more professionals the optimal environment to do the job they love.
We’re excited to take our next step on this mission by opening two Emergency and Specialty Centers, fall of 2023, in Frederick, MD and Richmond, VA. Partner is hiring for both full-time and part-time Emergency Veterinarians for both locations.
We consider ER to be its own specialty department, tasked with triaging, stabilizing, and treating emergent patients. The ER is the heart of the Partner hospitals, and we are committed to reinforcing collaborative and effective communication among all departments, with a combination of open dialogue and a culture and buildings designed around supporting the emergency department and promoting collaboration all throughout the practice.
We have spent years listening to the pain points of those on the front lines of Emergency Medicine and creating plans to solve them.
You’re done with:
- Short-staffed, burned-out teams
- Lack of training and mentorship at all levels
- No leadership accountability for the team member experience
- Resource issues, broken equipment, divided priorities
- No voice in the organization
- Overwhelming/unmanageable caseload
- Lack of predictability and flexibility in scheduling
- Inefficiency resulting in hours of recordkeeping after shifts
The Partner Difference:
- No noncompete- stay because you WANT to
- Doctor and team member mentorship, both at onboarding and throughout career
- Buildings designed around patient care and collaboration
- Support of Emergency/Urgent caseload via collaboration with Emergency and Urgent Care Teams
- All team members receive PTO prior to beginning work to re-centee and focus on their wellbeing and interests
- Optimal team utilization- focus is on everyone practicing at the top of their license made possible by utilization of scribes, client care advocates, intentional case management, role definition, and scheduling. Focus on patients, not paperwork.
- Triage and ICU doctors on shift together to effectively manage in hospital and receiving cases
- Robust team recruiting pipeline
- High level resource management to ensure optimal and functional equipment and supplies
- Integrated EMR and digital treatment sheet system with extensive bank of medical templates and protocols
- Unique wellness benefits
Our 20,000 square foot reimagined building and team design includes:
- Conscious and deliberate building design layout that encourages interdepartmental communication and collaboration
- In-house lab equipment
- Digital radiology
- Digital cytology
- Emergency ultrasound
- Multi-parameter anesthetic monitoring equipment
- Ample and fluid and syringe pumps within each department
- Smartboard technology
- Integrated EMR and digital treatment sheet software
- GE 1.5 Tesla MRI
- GE 16 slice Helical CT Scanner
- C-arm fluoroscopy
With our team-centered approach, we recognize that every team member’s time is valuable and their skillset unique. Therefore, our shared goal is for ALL doctors in ALL departments to have the tools and support necessary to practice an excellent standard of care in their area of expertise and to have a work-life balance that lends itself to sustainability and happiness.
About our cities:
- Frederick, MD https://partnervesc.com/about-frederick/
- Richmond, VA https://partnervesc.com/about-richmond/
Partner’s core values:
- Community Care
Why Work for Partner Veterinary Emergency & Specialty Center (PVESC)
Our mission statement is our commitment to our team: “Doing our part to improve the veterinary landscape and pioneer a transformative approach to team health and happiness, creating a healing environment for ourselves and our partners, pet families, and patients.”
If you want to practice the highest standard of care with our skilled team, that supports an atmosphere of work life balance, we want to hear from you!
Apply by contacting Katie Brooks at email@example.com or applying through our careers page: https://partnervesc.com/careers/
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree from an accredited university
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state of Virginia or Maryland
- The ability to make decisions and communicate clearly and effectively with fellow team members and pet families
- A commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine, upholding the veterinary code of ethics
- Clinical experience in emergency medicine or general practice, or completion of a rotating or specialty internship
- Note: *Will consider new graduates, provided there is commitment to continued professional development and the individual is receptive to mentorship.
- Professional demeanor and appearance, with excellent interpersonal skills and a positive, friendly attitude
*Salary dependent on schedule chosen