Partner Veterinary Emergency and Specialty Center (PVESC) is a women-founded, led, and owned business committed to reimaging a profession from the inside out by reworking outdated systems and solving the problems our profession is facing.
Our leadership team has a reputation for building and retaining happy, healthy teams- and founded Partner Veterinary to give more professionals a supportive environment to do the job they love.
We consider ER to be its own specialty department, tasked with triaging, stabilizing, and treating emergent patients. The ER is the heart of the Partner hospitals, and we are committed to reinforcing collaborative and effective communication among all departments, with a combination of open dialogue and tangible agreements and protocols.
Emergency medicine is critically ill. We have the cure.
- Short-staffed, burned-out teams
- Lack of training and mentorship at all levels
- No leadership accountability for the team member experience
- Resource issues, broken equipment, divided priorities
- No voice in the organization
- Overwhelming/unmanageable caseload
- Lack of predictability and flexibility in scheduling
- No noncompete- stay because you WANT to
- Doctor and team member mentorship, both at onboarding and throughout career
- Buildings designed around patient care and collaboration
- Ability to manage high volume of cases with the assistance of urgent care and tele triage teams
- All team members receive PTO prior to beginning work to recenter and focus on their wellbeing and interests
- Optimal team utilization- focus is on everyone practicing at the top of their license made possible by utilization of scribes, client care advocates, intentional case management, role definition, and scheduling
- Robust team recruiting pipeline
- Strategic schedules developed around people’s needs
- High level resource management to ensure optimal and functional equipment and supplies
- Integrated EMR and digital treatment sheet system with extensive bank of medical templates and protocols
We’re excited to take our next step on this mission by opening two Emergency and Specialty Centers, early 2023, in Frederick, MD and Richmond, VA.
Partner Veterinary Emergency and Specialty Centers operates under the oversight of our two Chief medical Officers, Dr. Anne Abernethy -ER Doctor and Dr. Emma Evans – boarded Criticalist.
Hospital Equipment and Software Includes
· In-House Lab Equipment
· Digital Radiology
· Digital cytology
· Emergency ultrasound
· Multi-parameter anesthetic monitoring equipment
· Smartboard technology
· Integrated EMR and digital treatment sheet software
In addition to the equipment listed above, the Emergency and Specialty Hospital will also utilize:
· GE 1.5 tesla MRI
· GE 16 slice Helical CT Scanner
· C-arm fluoroscopy
Why Work for Partner Veterinary Emergency & Specialty Center (PVESC)
Our mission statement is our commitment to our team: “Doing our part to improve the veterinary landscape and pioneer a transformative approach to team health and happiness, creating a healing environment for ourselves and our partners, pet families, and patients.”
If you want to practice the highest standard of care with our skilled team of dedicated doctors, that supports an atmosphere of work life balance, we want to hear from you!
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree from an accredited university
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state of Virginia
- The ability to make decisions and communicate clearly and effectively with fellow team members and pet families
- A commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine, upholding the veterinary code of ethics
- Clinical experience in emergency medicine or general practice, or completion of a rotating or specialty internship
- Note: *Will consider new graduates, provided there is commitment to continued professional development and the individual is receptive to mentorship.
- Professional demeanor and appearance, with excellent interpersonal skills and a positive, friendly attitude