Are you looking for an internship that encourages creativity and innovation? We believe our people make the difference in our business and our interns are no exception. In our internship program you will be responsible for supporting your assigned team with a variety of projects and administrative work. No coffee runners work here in the summer, you will do real work that you can add to your resume once you have completed this program. For our top performing interns, this program is our pipeline for many of our entry level full-time positions.
As a Merchants Intern you will…
- Be assigned projects tailored to your department. The goal is that you will take what you have learned in your course work, apply it to your projects and then implement those solutions or recommendations. The aim is for these projects to help you build and broaden technical ability as well as help develop emotional intelligence (AKA soft skills).
- Have both a manager and mentor to help guide you through our program and your day-to-day work.
- Be given the opportunity to deliver a final presentation of your project results and make business recommendations to your department, team members and executive leadership.
- Have a better understanding of “what we do and how we do it” and be prepped and ready to enter the workforce.
- Work onsite in one of our offices an average of 30-40 hours per week. At Merchants we believe that “Together Everyone Achieves More”, so we will not have a virtual option in 2023.
- This position will be located at our MBI Chicago Office at 131 S. Dearborn St., Chicago, IL., 60603.
We also offer weekly Development Days to help our interns grow professionally and learn about our industry. These offerings include…
- Mock interviews and resume review with our talent management team to help prepare you to enter the workforce.
- LinkedIn training to help you build and develop your personal profile and teach you about online professional networking.
- DISC Assessment – coursework on how to leverage work styles and preferences to help improve teamwork, communication, and productivity in the workplace.
- “Company Insiders” Training – Listen to current Merchants employees tell their success stories and learn about who we are and what each department does to support our success.
We are looking for…
- Students who have completed at least their sophomore year of college. College graduates are welcome to apply as well.
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution required.
Merchants Bank of Indiana's (“MBI”) Mission is to become the #1 bank employer of choice through training and education, empowering our valued employees to execute on behalf of our customers, building long-term relationships.
Merchants Bank of Indiana focuses on several aspects of mortgage and agricultural lending from six central Indiana locations. Merchants Bank of Indiana owns Merchants Capital Corp., a leading multifamily housing mortgage company. Proudly named to the Best Places to Work in Indiana list seven years in a row, we believe it is the people who make a difference in our business and are paramount to building and maintaining our success. It is Merchants vision that our workforce will represent the diversity of the communities in which we operate and will foster a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture for employee’s and the customers we serve.