Responsible for prospecting, soliciting, quoting and selling new Commercial accounts while providing counsel and recommendations in order to service existing clients. The successful candidate will be able to develop a book of business that is profitable for the agency and the carriers.
This position can be based out of any of the following office locations: Groton, Harvard, Hudson, Marlborough, or Medway.
Education and Experience
- BS in Business or Finance preferred
- 5+ years of commercial P&C insurance agency sales experience required
- Property & Casualty license required
- CPCU & CIC designations are highly desirable
Knowledge and Skills
- Proven record of successful sales and a superior customer service attitude and approach to business
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in order to explain somewhat complex issues, and interpret complex information
- Must demonstrate full knowledge of insurance products and usage
- Must have the ability to handle multiple and changing priorities in a high pressured, fast paced
- Ability to generate new business sales, retain existing business, and to close insurance sales
- Must possess adequate knowledge of rating procedures, coverages, and industry operations to effectively manage, maintain and write assigned client and prospect lists