The Business Development Manager leads the team who builds and enhances relationships with organizations and ministries who will bring groups to Warm Beach Camp Ministries (WBCM). This team helps churches, schools, and non-profits maximize their mission through the effective utilization of WBCM's facilities and/or programs. The person in this position shall, at all times, demonstrate cooperative behavior towards colleagues, guests and leadership. Regular attendance is essential for this position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Team Leadership
- Build and maintain a healthy team.
- Plan and organize the team's sales plans and work.
- Lead by example.
- Create accountability for results.
- Foster a supportive environment for everyone to thrive.
- Organize and lead regular team meetings.
- Maintain regular professional development.
2. Develop and implement sales plans and work collaboratively with marketing and management.
3. Maintain excellent follow through in communication with colleagues and the external public.
4. Effectively collaborate with marketing and guest services.
5. Carry a personal load of high value leads and diligently pursue new business opportunities.
6. Promote WBCM through networking events, trade shows, etc.
7. Supervise other staff/volunteers assigned to assist with trade booths.
8. Submit written articles and blogs for publication.
9. Develop and maintain prospect files, follow-up systems, and contract agreements in harmony with Camp policy and procedure.
10. Enthusiastically participate in sales training and continuing education.
11. Continuously raise professional standards of salesmanship.
12. Maintain budget and expenses according to WBCM policies and procedures.
13. Submit activity reports and results to management on a weekly basis.
14. Adhere to WBCM personnel policies and procedures.
Warm Beach Camp Ministries exists to share the hope and love of Christ through camping ministries and experiences in the Pacific Northwest.
At Black Diamond Camp, we exist to inspire Christ-like change through outdoor adventure, authentic relationships and biblical truth.
At Warm Beach Christian Camps and Conference Center, we exist to provide
Christ-centered environments, experiences and resources to draw people to God through camping ministries, conferences and events.
This is a full-time, year-round position.
Supervise up to 4 full-time employees, in addition to some volunteers or other staff as they assist with trade shows etc.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Love for Jesus Christ and a desire to make him known.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong ability to build a health and effective team.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Capable written communication skills.
- Diligence and consistency in following standard procedures.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in marketing or communications; or four years of sales experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience in sales management.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Driver's License
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Employee will be available to be cross-trained into other areas of the ministry as needs arise.