Barton & Loguidice, D.P.C., a growing multi-disciplined consulting firm of professional engineers, landscape architects, environmental professionals, and planners is seeking an experienced Landscape Architect for a full-time position in our Somers, NY office. B&L is currently working on diverse and exciting public and private projects, including park design, streetscape design, park master planning and design, trail feasibility studies and design, sustainable landscapes, and urban design. Proficiency in AutoCAD is required and familiarity with the following software is desirable: Adobe Creative Suites (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator), GIS, and Microstation.
We are looking for a highly motivated, creative, and collaborative team member with 3-5+ years of experience with an educational background in Landscape Architecture, and the ability to work in a fast-paced professional environment under the mentorship of senior staff and who possesses a passion for planning and designing municipal infrastructure projects that contribute to place making and lasting environmental stewardship. This position will interact with multiple Practice Areas within the firm, with a focus on general site design, streetscape, enhancements, downtown revitalization, athletic fields, and recreational facilities.
- Prepares plans and specifications and/or develops reports;
- Engage in active transportation planning, corridor studies, and other linear multi-modal planning and design projects;
- Perform design-related tasks, including AutoCAD or other software design, graphic representations, cost estimates, data analysis, and calculations;
- Present analysis and design solutions to technical leads;
- Review the work of other technical staff, as necessary;
- Manage smaller sized projects and may assist with client relations;
- Maintain awareness of project deadlines, project dates and budgetary guidelines;
- Coordinate submissions to various agencies;
- Perform construction observation when required.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Landscape Architecture.
- Experience: 10+ years of related experience to municipal consulting and Site design.
- Licensure/Certifications: Registered Landscape Architect (preferred).
- Advanced knowledge of landscape architecture and site design.
- Skilled in writing, report preparation, grant applications, and graphic presentations.
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Civil 3D, knowledge of Microstation a plus but not required.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and other rendering software a plus but not required.
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Suite.
- GIS experience a plus.
- Project management experience a plus.
Estimated Pay Range: $100,000 - $155,000/year.
Actual compensation may vary based on related work experience, geographical location and market conditions, education/training, certifications, and other credentials, as well as applicable knowledge and skills.
Barton & Loguidice is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability or protected veteran status, and any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal law or Executive Orders.