The General Accounting Specialist will be responsible for assisting the finance and accounting department with general duties such as, recording transactional data and running reports. In addition, the position will administrative assistance to accountants in the preparation statements.
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Responsible for keying account payable invoices
· Assist with the weekly check run process
· Assist in gathering information for vendor inquiries
· Responsible for filing invoices as well as vendor information
· Responsible for keying cash receipts
· Responsible for handling company mail distribution
· Responsible for keying journal entries
· Responsible for reconciling and reporting any discrepancies found in the records
· Responsible for handling remote deposits
· Perform other duties as assigned
· Dependability and willingness to accommodate work schedule.
· Utilization of the available time given to organize and complete assignments within a given timeline.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to speak clearly and effectively convey complex or technical information at the executive level.
· Demonstrate a self-confident approach to complete work assignment or defend a position or idea.
· Ability to use appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to gain acceptance of a product, service, or idea.
· Portray flexible and multi-tasking abilities.
· Strong time management, organizational and prioritization skills.
· Actively listen, attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
· Accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
· Ability to resolve conflict with others in a professional manner.
· Goal oriented with the desire to perform to the best of his/her ability.
· Adept problem solver and show the ability to think quickly.
Skills and Abilities:
Education: Associate degree in accounting or related field preferred, or comparable work experience
Experience: Three+ years of general accounting experience.
Computer Skills: Must be proficient in Microsoft suite of products including Excel, Word, and Outlook; must possess the ability to learn and master computer systems used within the company daily
Other Skills: Understand basic accounting procedures, have fast and accurate data entry skills, problem solving abilities, effective communication, and time management.
N (Not Applicable) Activity is not applicable to this position.
O (Occasionally) Position requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs./day)
F (Frequently) Position requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs./day)
C (Constantly) Position requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs./day)
Manually Manipulate N
Reach Outward N
Reach Above Shoulder N
Squat or Kneel N
Other Physical Demands
Vision – near and peripheral
Sense of Sound – must be able to listen to calls