Vector Solutions serves everyday heroes by delivering intelligent software solutions that empower them to make safer, smarter, better decisions. We believe passionately in providing critical knowledge, when, where, and how they need it. Everything we do - from learning to workforce management to risk reduction and beyond - is done to elevate the safety and success of our clients and the communities they serve. Join our mission.
Vector Solutions is seeking an HR Business Partner to assist in administering human resources policies and procedures. The HR Business Partner collects and maintains HR data related to compensation, benefits, training, and recruitment to help make recommendations for improvement. This position also provides support on projects and employee relation matters.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Administers various human resources plans and procedures for company employees.
- Assist in the development and implementation of employee policies and procedures.
- Respond to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
- Support employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale.
- Assist in preparing employee separation documentation.
- Provide support and guidance to managers with handling separations and exit processes.
- Apply knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees.
- Prepare and maintain ad-hoc reports necessary to carry out functions of department.
- Prepare periodic reports to top management, as necessary or requested.
- Support HR projects as assigned.
- This position does not have any supervisory requirements.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated understanding of HR programs including compensation, performance management, employee relations, and employee/manager development.
- Understanding of various employment laws and their impact on HR matters required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; an articulate and persuasive communicator including strong presentation skills; some analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Maintains positive attitude and demonstrates the utmost in professionalism.
- The ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Completes work accurately and in a timely manner.
- Works independently and possesses good judgment skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and adapt to a changing environment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business, or a related field.
- 8-10 years of experience within HR or relevant experience.
- SHRM or PHR certification a plus.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- May occasionally lift up to 15 pounds
Vector Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.