Smith Schafer is seeking an experienced Marketing Manager to join our team!
Smith Schafer has consistently earned a spot on the Star Tribune’s Minnesota Top Workplace list. This was made possible by each team member, whose commitment to best workplace practices, has made Smith Schafer great for over 50 years.
Employee Survey - 100% of our team said they believe Smith Schafer is going in the right direction!
This position is responsible for managing the firm’s marketing initiative. This includes branding, communicating and leading marketing activities to create prospective client opportunities and strengthening existing client relationships to help grow the firm. This person will help develop the firm strategy, create the brand identity, execute communication tactics, and help drive prospects into the sales pipeline.
Essential Job Functions:
- Builds marketing programs to support firm objectives across different channels and segments in support of our overall strategic marketing plan.
- Markets through various channels and segments databases working with large data sets.
- Develops business cases for marketing programs at the proposal stage and makes recommendations on marketing tactics.
- Evaluates the impact of marketing programs in achieving their stated objectives, including impact on lead flow, LTV and retention.
- Partners with marketing principal and other internal stakeholders, and external agencies and vendors.
- Leads the execution of marketing programs from start to finish, driving collaboration with the stakeholders and leveraging the right internal processes.
- Coordinates with Marketing Specialist to execute marketing strategy and projects.
- Collaborates with the Marketing Specialist on the functionality of the firm’s website and oversees website information which includes providing content updates to the Marketing Specialist, and monitoring website performance and branding.
- Develops, maintains, and updates content aligned with the firm’s goals and strategy and to improve user experience.
- Collaborates with the Marketing Principal, HR manager and other staff and management to ensure that the website aligns with brand strategy and meets the firm’s standards.
- Creates an annual marketing plan and strategy and implements it to increase subscriber traffic and traffic metrics.
- Create marketing strategies that build customer loyalty programs, brand recognition and customer satisfaction.
- Develop marketing niches and related training and assist management with developing marketing skills and processes. Ensure that the marketing niche selection process is executed within firm standards.
- Create and oversee the firm’s social media initiatives.
- Create media including press releases and social media messages, that shape public opinion of the firm and increase awareness of its brand.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communication or related field.
- Professional Marketing certification is a plus.
- Five (5) years of experience in marketing with similar experience.
- Strong MS Office Suite skills.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Knowledge of various laws and regulations.
- Customer-service oriented, demonstrated by the following attributes: proactive, observant, knowledgeable and reliable.
- Working in a marketing role in a professional services field.
- WordPress knowledge and CSM website experience.
- Basic knowledge of HubSpot, Proposify, Asana, Canva, and other similar platforms.
Physical Requirements and Abilities
Ability to lift 20 pounds, stand or sit for extended periods of time, as well as type/enter data at a keyboard regularly.
Smith Schafer is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer