To provide After School Recreational Respite Support Services to school aged children. To help the individuals develop skills and socialization with peers to be successful in their futures. After School Recreation Support Professionals will work with a new After School Program and gather appropriate data to best support the individuals served. In addition, the After School Recreation Support Professionals will assure compliance with established provisions of quality person centered services.
•High School Diploma/GED
•CPR/First Aid Certification (training provided)
•Program specific training (provided)
•Valid NYS Driver’s License acceptable to Agency Insurance standards. Maintain valid insurance andprovide insurance card if using your own vehicle.
•Ability to exhibit/maintain a professional, kind, courteous and patient manner at all times
- Lifting/transferring minimum of 50 lbs - individuals/Items of various weights.
- Effective Verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated interest and ability to facilitate the personal outcomes of individuals receiving services.
- Adherence to Agency Policies including Attendance Policy.
- To assist with the transportation and supervision of individuals on recreational outings.
- To promote maximum independence and self-worth.
- To provide for, ensure the safety of the individuals receiving services and to adhere to any medical or special needs.
- To operate, agency/own vehicles in compliance with agency policies/procedures, and traffic laws.
- To maintain courteous and professional conduct at all times while on duty.
- To attend any trainings, meetings, updates medical requirements necessary/required. To acquire and maintain all required certifications in accordance with agency policy.
- Any and all other duties requested by supervisor.
Work Hours Part Time:
Monday – Friday 2:00pm-6:00pm with flexibility required.