Fairstead is a vertically integrated real estate company specializing in affordable and mixed-income housing. Since 2014, Fairstead has acquired and/or developed more than $4 Billion of multifamily property across the country, and today owns a portfolio of 16,500 apartments in 18 states. The company’s comprehensive platform provides hands-on expertise across all multifamily disciplines, including acquisitions, development, design and construction, energy and sustainability, property management and social services. Fairstead’s primary mission is to provide high quality housing to all regardless of income, and to make our stakeholders feel “Right at Home.” We accomplish this through an empathetic and innovative approach, and by utilizing our interdisciplinary platform as an investor, developer, owner, and operator. Fairstead provides hands-on expertise across all multifamily disciplines, including acquisitions, development, design, construction, energy, sustainability, property management and social services. With a long-term commitment to its residents, communities, and partners, the Fairstead team stands out by:
- Listening to and understanding the needs of its residents, communities, partners, and stakeholders alike
- Developing and preserving high quality affordable housing in an innovative and sustainable fashion
- Creating a positive social and environmental impact within the properties and communities it serves
Fairstead’s Core Values
We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Resident Services Coordinator to support residents living in our affordable housing communities. The Resident Services Coordinator works onsite in our affordable housing communities and facilitates supportive programming in six strategic areas: healthy living, financial capability, workforce development, youth development, seniors, and tenant capacity. Specifically, the Resident Services Coordinator will:
- Work collaboratively with residents to survey their interests in programming and related activities. Host quarterly meetings with residents.
- Develop an outcomes-based work plan for the community.
- Coordinate community impact programs involving After-School Tutoring, Workforce Development, Health/Nutrition, Financial Literacy, Broadband Access, and Seniors.
- Will work collaboratively with partners and funders to implement programs.
- Create a communications plan (flyers, social media, automated calling, home visits, calendar of events, etc.) to inform residents of meetings, programs, and special events.
- Provide direct case management support to prevent evictions, utility cut-offs, and to help ensure food security and health.
- Help facilitate voter registration drives.
- Maintain confidential records, filing system, perform data entry, and manage data efficiently and accurately.
- Track and report on program effectiveness. Will work closely with the department supervisor to measure program outcomes.
- Work as a liaison between Community Managers and residents to ensure resident preparedness for annual recertification's. Will help residents identify important paperwork for annual recertification's.
- Participate in internal and external workgroups to support civic activities and stay current on emerging neighborhood issues.
- Provide crisis intervention support.
- Provide fundraising support for grants, special events, and campaigns.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree in liberal arts, social work or related field; Master’s in social work or related field preferred LMSW preferred but not required. AmeriCorps and VISTA experience welcomed.
- Demonstrated volunteer and community experience.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred.
- Positive outgoing attitude and excellent customer service skills.
- Proficient listener with excellent interpersonal skills, including tact and diplomacy.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite. Demonstrated working knowledge of computer applications and data tracking systems like Family Metrics and Yardi.
- Inspired to perform well and to contribute to the well-being of others and the organization.