At GBBN, architecture goes beyond buildings, because positively affecting people is the most important thing we do. We believe in the intersection of Design, Market and Technical expertise. Our vision is to be a firm sought out by the best and most creative talent and clients who share our passion for the role design plays in their own competitive transformations. This journey we are on fuels us every day to design better, think better and collaborate better. National recognition isn’t something that’s bestowed—it’s earned - every project, every day.
The Designer supports the project team to meet the established goals of the project and its clients. This individual must possess strong fundamental architectural skills and apply learned principles and techniques to accomplish project goals. The individual should be creative, curious, and passionate about design to effectively contribute to the creative processes that develop innovative solutions that enrich the design.
This specific position does not require an Architects license, though the individual should be capable of supporting project work effectively while pursuing the knowledge and experience needed to obtain this certification.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Highly creative and bring abstract ideas into design
- Excellent at modeling, graphic and communication skills
- Committed to advancing sustainability and resiliency through the work
- Able to work both independently and within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Flexible and adaptive, able to successfully navigate new situations
- Excellent at time management and organization skills.
- Detail-oriented with an attention to quality and design
- Self-motivated and eager to learn
- Knowledgeable of and proficiency in Revit, Rhino, Affinity, AutoCAD, Photo editing, Microsoft Office Suite, etc.
Experience & Education:
- Professional Architecture degree from an accredited university. Bachelor of Architecture required. Master's in architecture preferred.
- Professional expertise demonstrated through 5+ years of progressive experience working with various project types
- Actively pursuing or planning to pursue architectural licensure
- Knowledge of sustainable principles and LEED accreditation a plus