Connect for Health has a great opportunity for a Manager of Policy Research and Implementation.
Connect for Health Colorado is a public, non-profit entity established by the Colorado General Assembly in 2011 to create a health insurance Marketplace. Since 2013, we’ve been helping individuals, families and small employers compare plans, apply for financial help, and buy health insurance. As Colorado’s official health insurance marketplace, we are the only place to apply for financial help to lower the monthly cost of premiums. Customers can shop online; get help by phone or online chat from Customer Service Center representatives; and access expert help from a statewide network of certified Brokers and community-based Assisters. Our mission is to increase access, affordability, and choice for individuals and small employers purchasing health insurance in Colorado. For more information: ConnectforHealthCO.com
This position is responsible for acting as a liaison across the internal legal, policy, business, technology, finance, and communications teams to advise on implementation of regulations and legislation. It works to advance the legal and policy agendas of the organization both internally and externally. This role will conduct and oversee policy research and data analysis on major areas of priority to help drive the organization’s goals as outlined in the 2021-2024 strategic plan.
- Identify and advance consumer-centric health coverage policy solutions.
- Build and maintain relationships across all internal departments to implement new legislation and regulation.
- Design and direct data collection and research projects with public policy implications, financial and/or audit impacts to C4HCO, and impacts to C4HCO customers.
- Use knowledge of systems and operational procedures to assist organization in analysis of improvement projects and enhancements.
- Act as business owner for regulatory requirements in eligibility and enrollment platform.
- Build relationships with external agencies in support of driving Connect for Health Colorado’s policy priorities.
- Write detailed policy opinions, white papers, and research reports.
- Explain and document complex situations to senior leadership, team leaders and external users; prepare presentations that articulate key points.
- Review, compose, and edit policy and procedure documents, including messaging and training.
- Supervise two policy research staff.
- At least five years of relevant work experience.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of key components of the Affordable Care Act (ACA), especially health insurance exchanges.
- Demonstrated experience utilizing data for performance improvement and policy development and evaluation.
- Ability to transform complex policy and system issues into insightful and easy to absorb messages.
- Proficient in authoring and reviewing system functionality requirements.
- Skilled in writing original research papers and policy positions.
- Four or more years of strong and proven skills in managing multiple, diverse, complex projects, including development, implementation, and evaluation.
- At least two years of demonstrated experience with diverse stakeholder management.
- At least one year of supervisory experience preferred.
- Currently working remotely
- The Connect for Health Colorado office is in the North Tech Center area of Denver, near the intersection of I-25 and I-225
- Work schedule may include some non-traditional hours, weekends, and evening events.
- Core office hours, typically 8am-5pm with some flexibility
Connect for Health Colorado offers a competitive benefits package. Using Connect for Health Colorado’s annual benefits allowance, employees may elect from various benefit offerings and tailor a package to best suit their individual needs. Connect for Health Colorado employees are eligible to participate in the organization’s 403(b) plan and are additionally provided with paid time off, short- and long-term disability and life insurance. The Annual Compensation range for this position is: $77,200 - $99,000.
To Apply: Please apply on our Career page at http://bit.ly/C4hcoHiring
Connect for Health Colorado is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). Connect for Health Colorado may, at its discretion, conduct a background check on any workforce member and/or require job candidates to successfully complete a background check as a condition of employment.