The Manufacturing Analyst is a key member of the Operations and Information Technology teams, with the responsibility of ensuring Safeguard’s manufacturing and supply chain processes are accurately and efficiently implemented in its ERP system. As the primary Safeguard subject matter expert on manufacturing and supply chain processes, this position has a broad scope, ranging from ensuring that ERP data is correctly maintained, to troubleshooting errors or inconsistencies that arise in daily operation, to finding opportunities for business process and system improvement, to identifying key reporting requirements that will help Operations Management make better decisions. Given this responsibility and broad scope, strong systems thinking skills and flexibility are essential characteristics of the successful candidate.
Essential Job Functions:
- Serve as primary subject matter expert for ERP processes involving manufacturing and supply chain.
- Review manufacturing/supply chain master data, identifying issues or gaps and recommending solutions to address them.
- Troubleshoot issues arising from daily processes such as production, procurement, inventory management, and shipping.
- Document manufacturing/supply chain business and system processes, and train new and existing staff on these processes.
- Identify opportunities for business and system improvement. Assemble supporting data to justify them to Operations Management, and document functional requirements to implement them.
- Implement configuration or parameter changes in the ERP environment using Information Technology testing standards.
- Understand the information needs of Operations Management and assist in developing solutions to provide them.
- Lead the validation testing in system upgrades for critical operations and supply chain business processes and transactions, in compliance with FDA 21 CFR part 11 for medical device companies.
- Serve as the manufacturing/supply chain lead in future ERP rollouts to other Safeguard sites (domestic and international).
- Three to five (3-5) years of manufacturing and supply chain experience, either directly or in a system support role. Experience in a small to midsize manufacturing environment ($50-$500M annual revenue) preferred.
- Three years of experience using or supporting ERP manufacturing and supply chain processes. Experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 (or similar application) is preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of manufacturing/supply chain processes and how they are implemented in ERP environments.
- Demonstrated ability to approach problems from a systems-thinking perspective.
Experience and Skills
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Strong process documentation skills
- Flexibility to adapt to a fast-paced environment with significant organizational growth and change.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Experience in project management
- Ability to apply intuition, experience, and judgment to available data to make sound business decisions
- Ability to drive process improvements in a global environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong business partnering and interpersonal skills
- Organized, flexible, and easily adaptable to changing conditions
- Ability to work well in high pressure situations in order to meet deadlines
- High degree of proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to multi-task and manage numerous simultaneous priorities
- High energy, high ownership of work product, and dedication and commitment to driving results
- English language fluency required
Demonstrates ownership and accountability; communicate effectively both verbally and in writing; independently define problems, collect data, establish facts, and solve problems. Thrives in a transformational environment.
Performing the duties of this job regularly involves sitting, standing, walking, hearing/listening, grasping, and reaching. Vision requirements include the ability for close vision, to adjust focus, to color code.
This position requires the ability to: maintain an appropriate work pace, comprehend, write, and follow instructions, exercise logic and reasoning, read, communicate verbally and in writing, make decisions, count, and compute, multi-task/re-direct and experience numerous interruptions. This position requires the ability to maintain the highest standards of professional maturity and emotional intelligence even in difficult or stressful situations. The most critical requirement is the ability to analyze situations from a systems thinking perspective.
Occasional travel may be required, domestic and international (<25%)