Summary of Duties
The Welcome Team Director sets the atmosphere for the guest service and information aspects of engaging people who are new to CTK and those pursuing next steps of connection. This includes being the lead receptionist in addition to leadership of reception volunteers, on-line guest experiences, and volunteer teams of connectors.
- Welcome Team Ministry
- Identify, recruit, train, and support volunteers for reception, on-line host, and other Connection ministries (ex: Section Host, Intentional Connectors, Connection Point)
- Work with the Connections Team under the direction of the Connection Pastor to develop and carry out strategies to help people move from guest to engaged.
- In coordination with the Connections Team help plan and organize connection events including ensuring timely, intentional follow-up
- Respond to connection cards, email inquiries, and first time guests.
- In coordination with the Connections Pastor draft and manage the Welcome Team budget, goals and dashboard.
- Steward the vision for first impressions and ensure the reception desk is proficiently covered for phone calls, appointments, and walk-ins M-Th 9am-4pm.
- Set the tone for reception by modeling a high degree of customer service and by handling walk-ins with a balance of compassion and discernment.
- Manage acceptance and delegation of projects coming from other departments.
- Collaborate with the Benevolence coordinator to keep up-to-date community resource information available.
- Utilize info.ctk.church, the web-site, Rock and other resources to maintain an accurate index of activities, events and opportunities to engage at CTK.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Friendly, welcoming demeanor even in a busy environment
- Ability to clearly communicate orally and in writing
- Ability to inspire and equip volunteers to accomplish ministry independently
- Ability to multi-task and manage productivity amidst distractions
- Comfortable interacting with people with differing degrees of social/emotional/financial stability
- Ability to discern need, set limits with kindness & compassion, and pass information through to the appropriate person
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Ability to organize large volumes of information in ways that make it accessible
- Skilled user of Microsoft and Google suites
- Ability to work alone in a busy environment