Tennessee Orthopaedic Alliance is the largest orthopaedic surgery group in Nashville and Middle Tennessee. TOA concentrates on the diagnosis and treatment of disorders and injuries of the musculoskeletal system which allow our patients to live their best life. Ninety plus years later we are advancing the practice of orthopaedic surgery throughout the state.
There are a number of reasons why TOA is an employer of choice; here are a few of them:
- Stability - TOA has been in Middle Tennessee since 1926 and has expanded to nearly 20 locations!
- Impact - TOA’s team members use our careers – whether in our clinics or our business office – to make a positive difference in the community by building relationships and helping patients live their best life.
- Work Environment - The TOA team focuses on fostering an excellent working environment; one of positivity, collaboration, job satisfaction, and engagement.
- Total Rewards - TOA offers competitive salaries based on the current Middle Tennessee wage market, plus a comprehensive suite of benefits, including Medical, Dental, Paid Time Off, and more. Our 401(k) plan provides a company match, safe harbor match and profit sharing match to go along with your contributions.
Our TOA Medical Assistants play an important part in the daily operation of our clinics. This role partners with our clinical staff and administrative team members to ensure our patients receive excellent service. Our Medical Assistants demonstrate a deeply rooted compassion for helping our patients, and are committed to making sure our operations run smoothly.
- Politely escort patients from waiting room to exam room.
- Take patient medical histories, obtain chief complaints, take vital signs, and prepare patients for examination and treatment.
- Review patient charts and files for completeness.
- Prepare equipment and supplies for clinical procedures such as aspirations, injections, and X-rays.
- Administer injections, remove casts, splints, and dressings as directed by physician.
- Prepare prescriptions as directed by physician.
- Assist with the scheduling of tests and treatments.
- Coordinate patient surgeries including scheduling, insurance coverage and pre-certification for surgeries if needed.
- Respond to patient and payor phone calls.
- Order and maintain clinical and office supplies and equipment.
- Maintain patient files in the EHR and document as necessary.
- Participate in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations
- You have a current and unencumbered MA Certification through a sanctioned third-party, such as The American Registry of Medical Assistants, National Healthcareer Association, American Association of Medical Assistants, National Center for Competency Testing, or American Medical Technologists or current TN license.
- You have at least one year of experience working as a medical assistant and/or LPN. Experience in an orthopaedic environment is a plus.
- You have an exceptional focus on the patient experience. You are passionate about providing excellent care and compassion to our patients and their families.
- You are energetic and have an enthusiastic pace at work. You are able to swiftly and accurately manage the flow of patients, without any diminishing focus on patient care.
- You are flexible. You understand that no two days may be the same, and it excites you to adjust to those changes.
- You are dependable. You have the capacity to be at work on-time, every day so our patients can receive the care they need in a timely manner.
- You are CPR certified and trained.
TOA is an equal opportunity employer. TOA conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.