JOB TITLE: Volunteer Manager
REPORTS TO: VP of Programs
SUPERVISES: Volunteers and Interns
FSLA STATUS: Full Time, Exempt
LOCATION: Boulder, CO (and/or hybrid)
ABOUT TGTHR At TGTHR (formerly Attention Homes), we are building a movement that galvanizes communities, empowers young people, and puts an end to youth homelessness. We won’t stop until every young person is valued, empowered and safe. We provide a continuum of shelter and housing services for young people experiencing or at risk of homelessness and support youth in achieving housing stability, improving their physical and emotional well-being, pursuing education and employment goals, and building strong social networks. We partner with stakeholders to advocate for policies that will address and prevent youth homelessness across Colorado. Our work is grounded in a commitment to social justice, and we are dedicated to promoting equity, diversity and inclusion in our workplace, programs, and community. For more information, visit TGTHR.org.
The following values guide all of our efforts:
- We believe growth is rooted in relationships.
- We believe in wildly celebrating resilience.
- We believe there is strength in diversity.
- We believe in promoting youth voices.
- We believe that housing is a fundamental right.
SUMMARY OF POSITION The Volunteer Manager position is a multi-faceted role that is well suited for someone interested in both the administrative and program side of a nonprofit organization. This is a tremendous opportunity for someone who both enjoys interacting with all types of community stakeholders and individuals, and has a passion for supporting young people facing homelessness. This person will be responsible for the recruitment, screening, training, placement, management, and recognition of all TGTHR volunteers. They will partner with all organizational departments to identify volunteer and intern opportunities that are best for the organization, and ensure that those volunteer roles are fulfilled.
- Manage the recruitment, onboarding, and scheduling of volunteers and interns.
- Coordinate the placement of volunteers in appropriate positions that match their capacity and skill sets with the organization’s needs.
- Lead and facilitate volunteer orientations and trainings.
- Represent TGTHR in the community and present on youth homelessness to external parties as needed.
- Gather direct feedback on volunteers and deliver that to them for evaluations.
- Recognize volunteers through awards, recognition, and appreciation events.
- Maintain up-to-date records on volunteers and volunteer service.
- Collaborate with marketing staff to create the monthly volunteer newsletter.
- Some evening and weekend work required.
- Contribute to the strategic growth of the organization's volunteer program as TGTHR expands.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field.
- Previous management experience required.
- Minimum of 21 years of age.
- Ability to direct and supervise volunteers with respect and understanding while communicating the seriousness of their commitment.
- Commitment to continued education of social justice, especially the intersection of youth homelessness and race, sexuality, gender, ability, and socioeconomics.
- Meticulous attention to detail and very good at troubleshooting.
- Experience and comfort with public speaking.
- Valid CO driver’s license (or ability to obtain one) and reliable transportation.
- An ability to multi-task and quickly shift between all facets of the job.
- Strong verbal communication, written communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Able to understand and respect the importance of confidentiality.
- Willingness and ability to work in a dynamic environment, in a team setting.
- Strong computer skills, including Google Workspace and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time while also performing typing duties.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 lbs
- Ability to lift, bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, push and other strenuous activities.
- TGTHR's important work classifies our employees and program participants as high risk. The health, safety and ability for our team to provide critical services remain our most important priorities. If you are hired, we will require you to prove that you have received the COVID-19 vaccine or have a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated.
- Previous experience in volunteer management.
- Previous use of volunteer management software or other CRMs.
- Bilingual, Spanish preferred.
BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Accident Insurance Options (Full Time only)
- TGTHR pays 85% of employee only premiums and 100% of life insurance
- 403(b) retirement plan with up to a 3% match
- Generous PTO, Sick Pay, 9 Paid Holidays (or time and a half pay when working)
- 8hr Floating Holiday (salaried/admin hourly/temp only)
- Parental and Bereavement leave
- Time off for Voting
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Work Environment (depending on position)
- Annual Professional Development Stipend and 20+ hours of Paid Training
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Staff Appreciation Events
- TGTHR is pleased to provide professional growth opportunities for full time employees pursuing their LPC or MFT licensure. In exchange for providing counseling services in programs, employees will receive on sight individual and group supervision at no cost to the employee.
Salary Range: $50,000 - $54,000 per year.
TGTHR is a drug-free workplace. Candidates and employees must be able to pass a criminal background check.
TGTHR is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are strategically invested in creating an equitable, diverse, just, and inclusive work environment. All interested individuals, including people of color, LGBTQ+ folks, women, and people with different levels of ability are particularly urged to apply. For more information on our justice, equity, diversity and inclusion efforts, visit our website here.