Civil Design Inc.
A certified Woman Business Enterprise, Civil Design, Inc. is a civil engineering firm of 100+ team members committed to building stronger communities in the markets we serve. Areas of focus include site development, surveying, transportation, water resources, infrastructure & analytics, and structures. This year Civil Design Inc. will be celebrating its 26th year in business and has offices in Effingham, IL, Jefferson City, MO, Louisville, KY and St. Louis, MO.
CDI has a strong family-oriented culture with the drive to build stronger co-worker, client and local communities. Guided by the values of continuous learning and growth, first time quality, mutual trust and respect, ownership and responsiveness – CDI offers a spirited team atmosphere driving quality engineering and strong client relationships.
Job Duties: Under supervision, the intern will assist in surveying and engineering to support a variety of design projects.
Hours of Work: 20-42 hours/week
Duration: Fall 2022 (Sept - Dec 31)
- Must be a full or part time student seeking a degree in GIS, Data Management/Analytics, Civil Engineering or a related field.
- Ability to assist in the field or on job sites.
- Excellent oral and written communication skill.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work with staff in a team environment.
- Problem solving skills, attention to detail, and willingness to learn new concepts.
- Data review, analysis, and verification of Utility Customer Records
- GIS/Mapping updates of Utility Customer
- GIS/Database data entry of Utility Customer Information
- Correspondence (phone calls, postcards/letters, emails, etc.) with Utility Customers
Core Competencies: In addition to the needed technical skills to perform this job successfully, an individual should also demonstrate the following competencies: Strong Communication, Collaboration, Positive Attitude, and Adaptability.