ORGANIZATION United Way of Salt Lake (UWSL) is changing the way organizations, communities, schools, governments, and individuals work to fix complex social problems. Together, we can help every child and family succeed at school and life. UWSL’s workplace is fast-paced, friendly, adaptive, and grounded in our core values: relationships, continuous improvement, equity, and results. We offer competitive compensation including a comprehensive benefit package, generous paid time off, and hybrid, flexible schedules. People with diverse backgrounds and abilities are encouraged to apply. Join us in changing the world and giving everyone in our community an equitable opportunity to live their best life.
The Bilingual Information Specialist will answer 211 incoming calls then direct and refer community members to essential resources. The Bilingual Information Specialist will work within regular business hours 7 am – 6 pm. Hours per week are subject to change as needed due to call volume demands, though generally will not extend beyond 40 hours.
- Respond to requests from the community for information about available programs, volunteer opportunities, and human service agencies
- Request data from callers and accurately record in the database. Maintain an accurate record of calls received
- Follow call process as required for quality or contract specifications
- Perform follow-up contacts with clients or service providers as needed
- Be able to speak to those in crisis and connect to the appropriate agency and/or de-escalate the situation
- Help with promoting the center by occasionally participating in public relation efforts
- Ensures email and after-hours messages are returned within 24 hours and provide necessary reports
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the supervisory personnel
This is a full-time, non-exempt position with full benefits, paying $18.00 per hour.
- 2-4 years of call center experience, inbound, social service experience a plus
- Spanish speaking with demonstrated strong written and oral communication skills, in both Spanish and English
- Demonstrate the ability to work with multiple software, databases, and other programs
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- High standards of professional ethics and conduct
- Proactive and comfortable in data tracking, documentation, and updates
- Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Relates openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people.
- Builds strong client relationships and delivering client-centric solutions.
- Actively learns through experimentations when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
- Understands facets of job, aware of duties and responsibilities, keeps job knowledge current.
- Rebounds from setbacks and adversity with facing difficult situations.
The employee is regularly required to communicate clearly and exchange accurate information interpersonally or through communication devices. Must be able to learn new systems and procedures, prepare and analyze data and figures, constantly operate a computer and other standard office machinery. The position requires occasional movement throughout the office to access files, papers, or move supplies weighing up to 25lbs. Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.