The Backup Customer Service Associate ensures a friendly and welcoming environment for all customers, clients, and staff, delivering efficient and accurate front-desk and lobby services and support. As the first point of contact for the public, this position sets a professional and helpful tone with all individuals and accurately communicates information to the public. The backup customer service associate is on call and may be responsible for opening the facility so being punctual is an absolute necessity for success in this position.
- Open building via opening guidelines: Make sure all lights are on and bathroom/locker room doors are open MUST BE ON TIME.
- Stay informed about programs and ongoing operations.
- Answer all in person and telephone inquiries regarding all YWCA programming.
- Ensure a friendly environment for our early morning swimmers by properly greeting every customer.
- Report equipment, facility and software issues to manager immediately.
- Understand and adhere to all of the YWCA Evanston/North Shore procedures and policies as well as the YWCA Employee Handbook.
Education: High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent
Experience and/or Training:
- One year reception, customer service, or retail sales experience required
- 2-3 years in reception, customer service, or retail sales experience preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word required
- Experience with Microsoft Access a plus
- Bilingual Spanish/English a plus
- Prolonged deskbound periods regularly required.
- Occasionally required to move about the facility.
- Occasionally required to push, pull, lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The mental and physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.