This position can be located in either our Cincinnati OH, Louisville KY, Minneapolis MN or Pittsburgh PA offices.
At GBBN, architecture goes beyond buildings, because positively affecting people is the most important thing we do. We believe in the intersection of Design, Market and Technical expertise. Our vision is to be a firm sought out by the best and most creative talent and clients who share our passion for the role design plays in their own competitive transformations. This journey we are on fuels us every day to design better, think better and collaborate better. National recognition isn't something that's bestowed - it's earned - every project, every day.
The Interior Designer is part of a team responsible for conceptual design, design development, and construction documents leading to the creation of aesthetically exciting interior environments. This will include programming, planning, designing and drafting detailed specifications for finishes, materials and furniture selection, and working with material resources.
This individual should be creative, curious, and passionate about design and provide leadership in the creative process by developing innovative concepts that enrich design solutions for the client and end-users.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Able to lead clients and teams through the process
- Highly skilled in the conceptual process and implementation of that concept in the defined environment
- Familiar with techniques, products, and materials used in workplace environments
- Familiar with furniture types, materials, manufacturers, representatives, and vendors
- Knowledgeable of design, trends, construction methodology, material application and manufacturer-supplier appropriateness
- Able to persuasively and visually communicate ideas effectively and tactfully with project team and clients
- Flexible to work both independently and within a multi-disciplinary team
- Highly creative and bring abstract ideas that push the design
- Excellent at time management and organization skills
- Detail-oriented with an attention to quality and design
- Self-motivated and eager to learn
- Committed to advancing sustainability and resiliency through the work
- Able to formulate a clear point of view by asking questions and synthesizing various perspectives throughout the process.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Interior Design or related discipline required
- Demonstrated experience working on AIA award winning project(s)
- Professional expertise demonstrated through 5-10 years of progressive experience working with various project types
- NCIDQ, registration/license and LEED AP preferred (or personal development plan to obtain)