A career at Galloway provides a unique opportunity to work in a highly collaborative, multidisciplinary environment. Our Full-Spectrum Approach™ to land development services offers all key design disciplines within one company, providing our team with a deeper understanding and appreciation for all aspects of the development process. From survey to land planning, civil engineering, and comprehensive architectural design, our team brings a multidisciplinary mindset to every project. We enjoy daily interaction and coordination among our internal teams, which allows us to build relationships and understand project approaches across disciplines.
“Positivity,” “community” and “collaboration” are a few of the most commonly used words to describe Galloway in our employee surveys, and we think those words truly describe the attributes of our team. We continually strive to provide an exceptional environment that fosters our purpose of “enriching people’s passions.” We are honored to be repeatedly recognized through numerous awards that include Top Workplace USA 2021 and 2022; Denver Post Top Workplace 2018 – 2022; Denver Business Journal Best Place to Work 2019 – 2022, Zweig Group Top Firm to Work For 2020 – 2022, and Zweig Group Hot Firm 2021.
We offer flexible work hours, a friendly and family-focused work environment, exciting projects, excellent compensation including cash bonuses, education assistance, and a complete package of benefits. We also believe in giving back to our community through numerous outreach events and volunteer activities.
About the Position:
Galloway is looking for a Structural Project Engineer for our Denver, Colorado office. This is an excellent opportunity to work with a company that is committed to our employees’ success and career growth, and values a team-oriented, collaborative, and supportive work environment. The Structural Project Engineer manages and assumes design responsibility for the structural elements of multiple projects and performs structural engineering tasks as a lead in the Building Department.
- As a lead position, provides technical direction over a group of structural designers and/or functions as a technical specialist, staff advisor, and consultant; uses independent judgment to formulate and develop advanced structural design concepts for multiple projects.
- Research structural elements of building codes and standards and coordinates with building authority.
- Plans, schedules, conducts, or coordinates structural engineering work; prepares design calculations, sketches, technical comparisons, and similar technical work, as required.
- Using Autodesk Revit Structure prepares models for building structures and structural components.
- Oversees the design and ongoing progress of a project, including the coordination of the project with building authority.
- Resolves design/construction problems as they arise.
- Serves as a liaison between clients and agencies, contractors, and design teams.
- Prepares or reviews construction documents, technical specifications, and estimates.
- Seal construction documents for agency submittals and addresses review comments, as needed.
- Review submittals supplied by vendors, clients, engineers, architects, and contractors, and recommends necessary changes.
- Performs onsite construction observation; prepares observation reports.
- May assist the project manager in preparing the department/division budget, policy implementation, contracts, and other administrative tasks.
- Bachelor’s in Structural Engineering or Bachelor’s in Civil Engineering with a Structural Engineering emphasis
- Registration as a Professional Engineer or Structural Engineer.
- Typically, a minimum of 5 years experience after educational requirements
• Possesses working knowledge of the principles and practices of structural engineering and architecture.
• Works well with AutoCAD and Revit designers for the preparation of design documents.
• Understands and possesses working knowledge of building codes and approval processes as well as site-specific research with respect to these issues.
• Is experienced in concurrently managing multiple projects.
• Demonstrates skills in managing schedules and budgets.
• Demonstrates leadership skills and able to manage teams effectively.
• Possesses strong organizational skills.
• Able to understand interdisciplinary issues.
• Communicates in a timely and effective manner within the team and with other disciplines working on the project.
• Is capable of preparing presentations and delivering those presentations in group situations.
• Is proficient in Microsoft Office programs.
• Is proficient in current Autodesk Revit Structure and AutoCad.
• Ability to multitask and establish priorities.
• Ability to maintain a high-performance level in a fast-paced, accountable environment.
The estimated starting salary pay range for this role is $76,000-$90,000
Health & Wellness
- Health Insurance – We offer comprehensive health-care benefits for individuals and families through Cigna Health Insurance, with the choice of two plan options.
- Dental Insurance – We cover 100% of the monthly dental insurance premium for a staff member and 50% of the premium for their family.
- Vision Insurance – We cover 100% of the monthly vision insurance premium for a staff member (family members can be added on for dollars a month).
- Hearing Aids are covered at deductible/co-insurance for in-network plans.
- Health Reimbursement Arrangement – Galloway-supported assistance in offsetting costs of high-deductible healthcare plan option.
- Short and Long-Term Disability – We cover 100% of the long-term and short-term disability premium.
- Life Insurance – We cover 100% of the premium for a life insurance policy that is equal to the annual salary.
- Employee Assistance Program – Confidential guidance and resources for employees and immediate family members. Galloway covers 100% at no charge for the employee.
- ThrivePass Wellness Savings Account – Company-provided funds can be used for a wide variety of personal health and fitness-related reimbursements.
- Flex Spending Account
- This role is eligible for “pay for performance” bonuses beyond base pay.
- 401(K) Plan – Additionally, we contribute a profit-sharing bonus to each individual’s plan, based on total compensation.
- Tuition Assistance
- Flexible Work Schedule During Core Hours – Includes opportunity to flex extra hours worked.
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 8 Paid Holidays Per Year
- 8 Paid Volunteer Hours Every Year
- Identity Theft Protection – We cover 100% of the monthly premium for the employee and family plans can be added for dollars a month.
- Anniversary Bonus Program Starts at 5 Years
- Relocation assistance
Growth & Mentorship
- Structured Mentorship Program
- Annual Growth/Performance Reviews
- Diversity Groups – Check out the “About” section on our website to learn more about our diversity initiatives!
Galloway & Company, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.