Come Smile with Us!
Delta Dental invites candidates for an Accountant I to join our collaborative and supportive team. For Delta Dental of Iowa, its subsidiaries, and related organizations, you will process all aspects of Accounts Payable; analyze, prepare and complete the escheat process; and prepare, monitor and process Claims Accounts Receivable. You will also process and monitor cash balancing to include posting daily payments and balancing cash in addition to supporting the analysis and processing needs of the department.
Why Delta Dental? We provide dental and vision insurance to more than 1.5 million Iowans. As a not-for-profit insurance company, our mission is to improve the health and smiles of the people we serve. We give back to Iowa communities by investing in health and wellness initiatives that make a measurable difference in the overall health of Iowans. Come see why we are passionate about "Bringing Smiles" to our customers. Our team enjoys competitive pay and benefits, an awesome "One Team" approach, and a company culture that fosters "Exceptional Quality Service" and "Leadership at All Levels." Love where you work!
Essential Functions and Principal Accountabilities:
- Process weekly and ad hoc accounts payable transactions including verifying documentation and ensuring proper financial statement classification.
- Process the weekly claims check run and balance to vendor check registers.
- Post all cash entries to balancing spreadsheet.
- Post refunds processed through accounts payable or electronic banking to proper accounts in HDS system and Softheon.
- Manage the Claims Accounts Receivable (A/R) process.
- Prepare daily deposit and post all manual cash received and complete cash balancing.
- Manage company credit card processing to include providing statements to staff, requesting new credit cards, and adjusting credit limits as requested.
- Review and correct Softheon error queue to ensure proper posting of payments in Softheon system.
- Analyze data for Prompt Pay Payments to determine payments due as applicable according to the guidelines established by the State of Iowa.
- Analyze, prepare, and complete Escheat Filing with all states, including preparation and processing of due diligence letters and uncashed check letters.
- Assist with external audits, including work paper preparation.
- Prepare Accounting documents to be scanned by mailroom and filed.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent work experience required.
- Ability to effectively use a personal computer and specific programs for spreadsheet applications such as Excel.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Some in-office work required, with opportunity for some remote work.
- Ability to squat, reach, and lift up to 10 pounds.
Delta Dental of Iowa is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons without unlawful regard of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, individuals with disabilities, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.