Prevailance is seeking qualified individuals to fulfill Survival, Escape, Resistance, Evasion (SERE) Instructor positions in Kittery, Maine. Qualified candidates must have previous military instructor experience and attended a COC/SERE Level “C” school. Prior experience as a COC/SERE Instructor at a JPRA certified school is also required, but waivable based on other qualifications. Travel will consist of instruction support at remote training sites approximately 23 times per year for five to six days at a time. Other travel may be required by the government as well.
At a minimum, prospective CoC/SERE instructors shall possess:
- High personal standards of technical knowledge and professional competence in delivering training material.
- Ability to perform in a military environment.
- Familiarity with the organization and hierarchy of the U. S. Navy, military rank/grade structure.
- Knowledge of Navy and military terminology and shipboard/installation environments and configurations
- Knowledge of basic and advanced training techniques, and of computer technology applications as they apply to instructional delivery.
- Knowledge of DoD procedures for the handling of classified material, DoD SERE and Personnel Recovery publications supporting Code of Conduct training, and the capability to access those publications.
- **Direct experience as a current or previously qualified DoD SERE Instructor at a Joint Personnel Recovery Agency (JPRA) certified Level “C” Code of Conduct School Specialized Experience. (This is waivable, but prior SERE C attendance and instructor qualification (high risk preferred) is required.)
- Graduate certificate from one of the Level “C” Code of Conduct course of instruction.
- Completion of a civilian (or commercial) formal course of instruction which has been evaluated and certified as a JIT equivalency by the Center for Personal and Professional Development (CPPD), and have one or more of the following:
- Navy NEC 9502 (Instructor), or
- Navy NEC 9505 (SERE Instructor) and/or 807A
- Navy Instructor Qualification Course
- Navy NEC 9518 (Naval Leadership Development Program (NAVLEAD) Instructor, or Graduate of one of the following courses of instruction:
- Instructional Delivery Continuum (IDC) Journeyman Instructor Training (JIT) (A-012-0077)
- Instructional Delivery Continuum (IDC) Journeyman Instructor Training (JIT) Mobile Training Team (A-012-1011)
- Naval Leadership Facilitator (P-012-0045)
- Facilitator Training Course (P-012-0075)
- Nuclear Instruction Qualifications (NFAS) (A-661-0108)
- Nuclear Instruction Qualifications (NNPS) (A-661-0109)
- Other DoD Service designation (or equivalency) upon approval of the CENSECFOR DOT
- Basic First Aid
- CPR Certification
- Wilderness First Responder Training
- Navy Core Values
- Bloodborne Pathogen Training
- Qualified candidates will have successfully completed medical (OPNAVINST 1500.75B) and psychological screenings
- High level of physical fitness (3 mile hike with 45lbs and provide 10 hours of instruction)
Must possess or be able to obtain a SECRET clearance.
COVID-19 Requirements: All Prospective employees will be required to adhere to Prevailance’s vaccination policy to ensure compliance with Executive Order 14042 Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors. Prospective employees must submit proof of full vaccination prior to their start date unless a Prevailance approved accommodation for disability (to include medical conditions) or religious-based reasons has been received.
Prevailance, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract. Prevailance, Inc. participates in E-Verify and is VEVRAA Compliant.