FOX Architects is an award-winning design and architecture firm located in Washington, D.C. Our Interiors Studio is hiring an experienced PROJECT MANAGER (PM) to provide leadership, manage proposals, coordinate project fee/budget analysis, oversight in performance of studio projects, engage with clients, and other areas to enhance the growth of the studio. This position will perform in conjunction with project designers and principals to oversee project quality to ensure profitable project performance and client satisfaction. The PM must be a team leader, inspire, develop and refine existing skills of all studio personnel.
We take pride in providing a team-based environment where everyone’s inputs are valued and celebrated taking projects from design to construction. Our office is located in the West End of DC, walking distance from the Dupont Circle Metro. Join our award-winning team that provides exceptional designs and builds partnerships with our clients.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Models integrity, strong leadership and work ethic, influencing the entire staff in a positive manner.
- Strives to attain the firm’s goals relative to design excellence.
- Ability to organize and perform multiple tasks concurrently and efficiently.
- Conceive and deliver marketing presentations to prospective clients.
- Write proposals and develops fees.
- Comprehends the Scope of Service, General Conditions, Team Structure and Man-hour budget stipulated in each contract.
- Takes on the role as the day-to-day contact for clients, and acts as the central unit for communication and leadership.
- Develops and maintains project/teamwork plan for each phase of project.
- Meets with design/project team to ensure understanding of project fee, budget and schedule, and conveys information in a timely manner.
- Organize to meet deadlines without compromising the design/technical intent or relationship with fellow workers.
- Obtains and manages project consultants, including scope of services and fees, throughout course of entire project.
- Supports Senior Staff and Principals with the Annual Review process for all studio staff.
- Actively participates in weekly manpower requirements and coordination of project scheduling.
- Maintain current exposure to developments, trends, benchmarks, and practices within the design, construction and architectural industries; disseminates the information to the team.
Education Experience and Skills:
- Educational degree in an accredited interior design institution.
- Certified in LEED and/or NCIDQ preferred.
- 10+ years of progressive experience in interior design with an emphasis on contract management and administration of multi-functional and disciplinary teams on large scale workplace commercial projects.
- Knowledge of REVIT, Deltek Vision and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Exceptional presentation skills both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of current laws, codes and titles in relation to construction.
FOX offers full benefits, paid leave and compensation is commiserate with experience and the DC market based on IIDA's guide.
FOX Architects is an equal opportunity employer, we consider applicants on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected status.