Prevailance is seeking a fully qualified and experienced Navy Joint Interface Control Officer (JICO) to support Strike Group Interoperability Training/Readiness (SGITR) Representative in San Diego, CA. The JICO will perform highly technical and complex Multi-Tactical Data Link and Common Operational Picture (COP) mentorship and advisement to Maritime Fleet Command Centers (FCC), Numbered Fleet Joint Interface Control Officers, Carrier Strike Group JICO, Amphibious Ready Group JICO/Interface Control Officers (ICO) and individual shipboard ICO(s).
Specifically, the SGITR program provides OFRP pre-deployment in port and underway training in Multi-Tactical Data Link architecture planning and operations; Multi-Tactical Data Link Network (MTN) implementation, management and monitoring; COP / Common Tactical Picture (CTP) interface management with a focus on CSG, ARG and Independent Deployer link syndicate and link response team roles and responsivities. SGITR program includes C2 system interoperability setup, configuration, and operation management policy and doctrine review. Scope of SGITR work will include but not limited to:
- Develop and recommend TDL, COP, and CTP training plans, schedules and status briefings incorporating recent SG/ARG/ID deployment lessons learned.
- Phase in new configuration guidance and newly fielded technology into the TDL, COP, and CTP when required by government.
- Review CSG/ARG/ID developed OPTASK link, ID, CEC, air defense and BMD messages and DoD satellite/service access requests and validate message/request content to ensure compliance with approved MTA/MTN/COP/CTP plans and DoD/DoN instructions. Based on the review, identify issues and provide beneficial feedback and recommendations review, identify issues and provide beneficial feedback and recommendations for government stakeholders as required.
- Provide documented pre-deployment training progress reviews and status update with CSG/ARG/ID designated JICO/ICO as required.
- Participate in pre-deployment training meetings/conferences and provide planning and scheduling progress reviews and technical guidance updates as required.
- Attend meetings, conferences, and teleconferences as required. During these meetings, conferences, and teleconferences provide technical guidance support and when required provide a brief with a question and answer session.
- Board (daily for in-port events) or embark (for underway events) designated ship(s) to observe, analyze and assess JICO/ICO shipboard MTN implementation, management and monitoring along with COP/CTP interface management procedures and operations to identify any shortfalls, inefficiencies and/or areas of improvement.
- Attend designated CSG/ARG/MTA/MTN/COP/CTP school house classroom based courses, provide tailored briefs and participate in an interactive discussion with students to ensure the desired information is properly communicated and effectively received.
- Develop overview briefs and presentation materials for each customized Link and CTP MTT topic to ensure the required training material and information is delivered in an effective manner and successfully received by the student audience.
Note: May be required to travel up to 25% of the time, including support of underway missions for periods of one to three weeks, including some weekends and holidays. Occasionally, CONUS/OCONUS travel may be required.
- Six (6) years’ experience in MTA planning and operations
- Six (6) years’ experience in MTN and system support
- Six (6) years’ experience in COP/CTP interoperability and integration
- Six (6) years’ experience with TTP process and development, Distributed Engineer and Joint Distributed Engineering Plant (DEP/JDEP)
- Six (6) years’ experience with ICO joint theater operations, Strike Group, or training staff operations
- Six (6) years’ experience with TDL system configuration and operation, GCCS-M operational, TDL architecture planning, TDL system integration and interoperability, TDL monitoring, ICO, common data link management system utilization
- Navy Joint Interface Control Officer (JICO) certification
- Must have the ability to medically screen for underway operations on a U.S. Naval vessel
Must be able to obtain and maintain a SECRET security clearance
Prevailance, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract. Prevailance, Inc. participates in E-Verify and is VEVRAA Compliant.