At the Children’s Museum of Denver at Marsico Campus, we believe in kid-powered learning. We work hard every day to create extraordinary experiences that champion the wonder and joy of childhood. To accomplish this mission, we bring together a dynamic team of talented individuals whose passions range from exhibit design to the culinary arts, from developing engaging educational programs to offering only the best in customer service. If you like to work hard and play hard, we want to hear from you! We offer a comprehensive benefits package, competitive wages and a supportive, rewarding and FUN work environment.
The Children’s Museum has an opening for an Art Studio Specialist who will deliver art rich,
process-focused experiences and arts programming that will nurture imagination and creativity in all of our guests. The Specialist, alongside the leadership of the Art Programs Coordinator, will create a welcoming environment for play while providing exceptional guest service and leading the operations of the space.
Hours: Part-time, 20 hours/week, including at least one weekend day with additional hours as needed, including occasional evenings, holidays and events
Rate: $18.50 (additional $1/hour for Bilingual proficiency)
Benefits: Paid sick leave begins accruing from date of hire. 401(k) Retirement Plan with eligibility to contribute after a 3-month waiting period (must be 21 years of age). Employee Assistance Program. Free parking, free family membership to the Museum, discount to the Museum Gift Shop and Café.
Please note: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the responsibilities.
- With the Art Programs Coordinator, provide leadership and support to different areas of The Art Studio including clay, paint, invitation table, chalk windows and the Artist-In-Residence Studio.
- Collaborate with Art Programs Coordinator to envision, develop and facilitate art-related programming and experiences in alignment with the Museum’s mission and programming framework.
- Model best practices in art facilitation, operations and guest service for staff and volunteers in the space.
- Cross-train to support other exhibit spaces as needed.
- Assist with daily set-up, close, upkeep and operation of The Art Studio.
- Maintain the kiln room and equipment and support all kiln firing, including scheduling, loading, unloading and sorting of artwork.
- Maintain an inventory of art materials and supplies and keep a clean and safe studio environment.
- Process point-of-sales transactions in the clay studio
- At least 18 years of age
- Fluent English proficiency, strong writing and public speaking skills
- Spanish speaking and comprehension skills strongly desireed
- Experience in customer service and/or hospitality, early childhood or related field
- Experience in art education, planning and/or facilitating process-based educational experiences for children and families
- Strong commitment to the Museum’s mission, vision and values of diversity, equity, access and inclusion
Please Note: Proof of COVID-19 vaccination status or submission of a weekly negative COVID-19 test results is required. Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered.
The Children’s Museum of Denver at Marsico Campus is an equal opportunity employer. The Museum is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse staff committed to serving the needs of all our visitors and we encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds.