Heniff Transportation provides best-in-class supply chain solutions to our valued customers by utilizing our network of supply chain services and resources. We focus on creating extraordinary growth and value across the markets, industries, and customers we serve through outstanding safety, innovation, and service performance. We accomplish this through one of the largest, fully integrated networks of terminals, transload and tank wash facilities in North America and now in Canada. We strive to be the BEST at everything we do.
The Driver Manager will be responsible and accountable for assigning jobs to ensure efficient driver operations. Ensure that company policies are being followed and that work is conducted in a safe manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Dispatcher will develop and maintain professional relationships with drivers to ensure their needs are being met.
- Communicate in a timely and effective manner with customers to ensure a high level of service.
- The Dispatcher will maximize driver availability to fully utilize equipment in order to provide maximum revenue and profitability.
- Review dispatch sheet and driver assignments to ensure all loads are dispatched.
- Review all orders and process and/or distribute according to terminal procedure.
- The Dispatcher will ensure timely and efficient movement of loaded trucks carrying various products.
- Schedule loads and assign qualified drivers.
- Enter load information into TMW system and prepare Delivery Receipts for each load.
- The Dispatcher will provide documentation and communicate to drivers all pertinent information for scheduled load(s).
- Initiate and maintain customer specifications.
- Safety Date Sheets (SDS) for products hauled.
- Review driver's Hours of Service Logs for available hours, and update hours in the computer as required.
- Update and/or forward reports as directed by terminal management.
- Perform all other duties as specified by the terminal or corporate management.
- Incorporate measures to prevent waste and lost time.
- The Dispatcher will effectively address concerns from employees and customers.
- Ensure compliance with safety rules, including but not limited to those defined by OSHA and DOT.
- Enforce and practice all safety rules of the Company and all government agencies, including but not limited to DOT and OSHA; monitor risk.
- The Dispatcher will understand and follow established policies and procedures in emergency situations.
- The Dispatcher/ Driver Manager will report to the Terminal Manager.
Education and Experience:
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, etc.
- Minimum 5 years of related experience
- Familiarity with DOT and OSHA regulations
- Some travel to corporate office and other locations
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule
- Valid driver’s license and ability to meet company driving requirements
- Prior dispatch experience
- Experience using TMW and PeopleNet systems
- Tanker industry experience
- Prior management/supervisory experience
- Understanding equipment utilization and allocation
- Strong organizational, administrative and analytical skills
- Solid communication skills and attention to detail
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to change
- Strong customer service orientation, ensuring needs and deadlines are met in a timely fashion
- Ability to demonstrate a positive, proactive and motivated attitude
- Must be reliable and punctual
- Ability to adapt to change in a fast-paced organization
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- May be required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to feel; reach with hand and arms, and stoop, kneel or crouch as needed.
- May be required to lift 50 lbs.
- Specific vision requirements include the ability to see at close range, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to operate in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- The position typically operates in a standard office environment.
- This position routinely uses office equipment such as computers, phones, and scanners.
At Heniff, we believe our biggest asset is our people. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, hiring and developing individuals from diverse backgrounds and experiences to add to our collaborative culture. Heniff treats all candidates and employees with respect and does not discriminate in our recruiting, hiring, and promoting processes and general treatment during employment, including on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, veteran status, or disability.