Position Member Services Representative (Processing)
Classification Non-exempt - Salary
Reports To Manager, Member Services
Date February 8, 2022
Department Member Services
Establishment of member relationships with members throughout the customer journey and beyond. Provide extraordinary customer service, communicate effectively, advocate for members and work to retain them. Responsible for handling all New Business applications, Increase in coverage, Policy Issuance, Service Transactions, and Initial Claims processing. Ensure timely processing of all transactions handled.
- Time Management: Ability to handle all service transactions choosing the best way tasks are executed with minimal to no impact on servicing of members. Process transactions within service level standards
- Communication: Clearly communicates with members and Carrier partners via email and phone. Clear and concise written communication.
- Attention to detail: Learning member preferences and knowing how an issue can be resolved. Ability to discern all information needed to complete processes.
- Adaptability: Adapt to new ways of doing business to ensure processes align with member needs.
- Ability to Multi-Task: Ability to execute different tasks and often handle multiple tasks at once.
- Teamwork & Collaboration: Builds and maintains cooperative work relationships with others. Completes tasks for group projects in a timely and responsible manner.
- Problem-Solving & Critical Thinking Skills: Think fast and identify a member’s problem, evaluate the member’s needs, and then find a solution
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Addresses and resolves member service inquiries via phone and email
- Service Liaison with NYL Service Associates and Underwriting team
- Handle all new Applications assigned
- Issue and Mail Policies assigned
- Handle Address Changes
- Beneficiary Change Processing
- Handle Increase Processing
- Conference Attendee
- Handle Claims Processing
- Tester for Policy Administration and NYL systems
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Education or equivalent experience
- College Degree strongly preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a Data Entry role at a Company
- Obtain Life and Health Producer License within 6 months in the role
- Pass LOMA 281 exam within 1 year in the role
- Pass LOMA 291 exam within 2 years in the role
- LOMA ACS (Associate Customer Service) Certificate within 3 years in the role